CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Project Manager Infrastructure and Operations will be responsible for executing complex projects following existing processes. This role demands managing multiple efforts, projects and processes within I&O. The incumbent will drive work, collaboratively, to execute objectives.
* Manage multiple complex projects within a program or several unrelated projects. Determine and negotiate project goals and priorities with stakeholders and sponsors, establish and publish clear project priorities for the team, and prepare project plans along with other deliverables.
* Demonstrate experience working with senior leadership teams to identify and address issues related to planning and strategy, framing key decisions and facilitating prioritization of initiatives.
* Organize project work into manageable phases and create a plan for completing all phases based on project goals and priorities in compliance with team standards. Ensure project status and risk logs are documented in relevant knowledge bases.
* Clarify project team member task assignments and monitor progress towards completion of deliverables including change control documentation.
* Identify, document, and escalate project risks and issues to sponsors and stakeholders.
* Ensure project stakeholders are informed of progress, budget and issues.
* Communicate project status to senior management to ensure that project priorities and status are understood.
* PM should be highly engaged, assertive, entrepreneurial in spirit with respect for processes, accountability and decision traceability as well as aspire towards leadership.
* Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills required.
* The candidate needs to exhibit good business judgment, the ability to direct and critique the work of others while maintaining a collaborative team environment.
* 6-8 years of previous experience managing projects and/or programs of varying degrees of complexity and organizational integration.
* Experience with infrastructure technology or security projects is a plus
* Knowledge of project management processes, organizational change management concepts, and business process improvement methods a plus, as is PMP certification.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
About CME Group
CME Group Inc. (Chicago Mercantile Exchange & Chicago Board of Trade) is an American financial market company operating options and futures exchange.