"We're not in the shipping business; we're in the information business." -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
* 17,000+ trained professionals
* 300+ locations worldwide
* Fortune 500
* Globally unified systems
Expeditors exchanges over 40 million Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) messages each month with our customers, service providers, and government agencies. EDI provides tremendous business value to all areas of the company. A Project Manager in EDI is responsible for planning and leading all phases of IS Strategic Projects of varying size, scope, and complexity. These strategic projects support and enhance our mission to provide world-class EDI to our customers and support our internal network. The right candidate will assume responsibility for successfully meeting the business requirements of simultaneous projects and will enjoy leading cross-functional teams tackling complex problems.
You will direct the day-to-day activities of the EDI team working directly with internal software development teams and business stakeholders in managing the planning, execution, and control of multiple software development projects. Your primary responsibilities will be to look forward and anticipate milestones, risks, and integration points while ensuring the projects achieve their goals, maintain standards, and maximize resource effectiveness. The successful EDI Project Manager demonstrates leadership through consensus building and is passionate about fostering a dynamic work environment which allows for collaboration and inspires others to high levels of accountability and productivity.
* 3+ years of software development PM experience using agile/scrum/SAFe methodologies
* Experience in adapting PM methodologies such as agile and waterfall to the needs of the team
* Experience managing complex projects from requirements definition through the delivery of the solution
* Proven ability to proactively manage changes in project scope, identify issues, and devise contingency plans
* Excellent communication, leadership, problem-solving skills, and a strong sense of ownership is critical
* Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, set, and meet deadlines, both for yourself as well as others
* Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
* Understanding of the transportation/logistics industry
* Experience with large enterprise-wide project management
* Familiarity with Object Oriented development
* Knowledge of Azure DevOps
* Certified Scrum Master or Certified in SAFe
* Understanding of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
* Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, formulas, macros, dynamic charts, and data analysis
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
* Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
* Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
* Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Successful candidates must pass a background check.
Expeditors (Expeditors International of Washington) is a logistics and freight forwarding company.