POSITION: Project Manager II
DEPARTMENT: Project Management
REPORTING SUPERVISOR: Director, Program Management Office
DIRECT REPORTS: No
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Direct Hire
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 10% Overnight Travel may be required
SCHEDULE: Standard business hours
ABOUT THE TEAM:
The PMO (Program Management Office) is responsible for providing consistent project, program and portfolio management practice to ensure effective selection, prioritization, management and execution of projects that will best fulfill GreatCall's mission and strategic goals.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Project Manager II is responsible for leading medium sized projects characterized by: medium cost, risk, impact on the GreatCall mission or customers, complexity and medium vendor involvement. This person leads and manages the project team, with the authority and responsibility to run the project on a day-to-day basis.
* Work closely with product management, marketing, sales, IT, engineering, logistics, billing, training, and external partners to ensure activities are fully identified and built into the schedule including logistics, take-to-market strategies and operational readiness activities.
* Manage medium scale implementation projects and manage project budgets up to $1M.
* Write project Charters and manage scope within variance thresholds.
* Develop Work Breakdown Structures. Develop and regularly update project schedules and timely resolve resource over allocations.
* Manage the scope, schedule, budget and risks, follow all change control procedures and complete timely, thorough, and accurate project status reports.
* Mentor level I Project Managers and lead project teams.
* Determine resource requirements of projects based on project specifications including staffing, software, hardware, and facilities.
* Identify, document, and track decisions, issues, action items, and risks. Escalate these when necessary to ensure minimal impact to quality, budget, and timeline.
* Comply with PMO practices, templates, policies and procedures.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
Certifications: Project Management certification, Six Sigma Black Belt, Certified Scrum Master or ITIL certification preferred.
* Minimum of 3 years of project management experience preferred, including prior experience managing medium scale projects of up to $1M.
* Prior experience working in an Agile environment required.
* Prior experience working in the IT and wireless industries preferred.
* Ability to mentor level I Project Managers.
* Strong communicator with ability to interact with all levels of corporate leadership.
* Knowledge of software development lifecycle methodology - such as Agile/Scrum.
* Ability to manage tight deadlines and budgets.
* Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
* Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook Word, Excel, Visio), Jira, Confluence.
* Problem solving skills
* Effective communication skills
* Team player with ability to develop positive working relationships with peers
* Action oriented
* Resourceful and able to multi-task
* Ability to maintain composure in a stressful environment
* Ability to deal with ambiguity
* Analytical skills
* Time Management and Organizational skills
GreatCall provides mobile health and safety solutions for older adults and their family caregivers.