The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
The Project Manager, ICT Consulting applies technical skills and knowledge to manage key project deliverables that meet project requirements and exceed client expectations. Work consists of the design of structured cabling, network systems, wireless, access control, CCTV, CATV, nurse call, audiovisual systems and other technology systems.
Your Key Responsibilities
Project Involvement - approximately 85% of time.
* Manages Technology projects and tasks of a size and revenue level appropriate to the expertise associated with the staff level.
* Technology systems include but are not limited to:
* Structured Cable Systems
* Electronic Security Systems
* Nurse Call Systems
* Paging Systems
* CATV systems
* Wireless Systems
* Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS)
* Data Network Systems
* Telephony Systems
* Shares knowledge with others by serving as a trainer, mentor and resource.
* Holds project team members accountable for deliverables.
* Meets performance targets.
* Periodically acts as QC reviewer on projects.
* Collaborates with the practice and sector leaders to obtain and disseminate technical knowledge.
* Effectively delegates work to production support staff as needed.
* Provides contract documents that meet required codes and quality assurance standards.
Learning/Maintaining and Expanding Technical Skills - approximately 4-5% of time.
* Develops knowledge of technologies, trends and the markets in which we work as they apply to the applicable project types, and continually strengthens skills.
* Proactively pursues additional knowledge in related disciplines by attending available in house and external training.
Meetings, initiatives, and projects - approximately 5-6% of time.
* Attends in-house project and discipline meetings and out of office client meetings.
* Actively participates in meetings, initiatives, and projects that support Business Center and company goals.
Business Development/Marketing - approximately 3%-4% of time.
* Nurtures existing client relationships and proactively pursues opportunities for new business.
* Provides client consultation; drawing on professional expertise and deep knowledge of Sparling's menu of services.
* Attend periodic client events.
* Develops and delivers client presentations.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
* Understanding and implementation of the principles of project management.
* Ability to manage clients, projects, and teams to budget and schedule while meeting key stakeholder critical success factors.
* Familiarity with, and ability to produce, project-related documents and documentation standards required of a Project Manager.
* Ability to integrate design elements with other disciplines to deliver a coordinated design.
* Strong knowledge of applicable codes and Technology standards (NEC, BICSI, TIA, etc.)
* Deep understanding and knowledge of, voice/data systems, low voltage systems for the built environment, IT/telecommunications, wireless systems, electronic security systems and audio visual systems.
* Strong knowledge of healthcare, higher education, military and/or life science communities including architects, engineers, contractors, and facilities, both stakeholders and key decision-makers.
* Familiarity with and ability to apply sustainable design principles within projects.
* Strong client communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to apply logic, reasoning, and organizational skills to structure concepts and ideas into projects.
* Functional knowledge of recent versions of AutoCAD; in particular, AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP.
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Experience with Visio and or iBwave preferred
* Knowledge of specialty calculations preferred
* Familiarity with and ability to apply sustainable design principles within projects preferred
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in related field (Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.) and 8 years of related professional experience
* Experience delivering ICT consulting to Architects and Owners in diverse markets including healthcare, commercial, data center, higher education, life sciences, civic and government.
* RCDD certification required.
* Project management training certification (Project Management Professional certification, or equivalent).
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Information and Communications Technology Consulting
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190001G8