USSOCOM's mission is to "Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks." As a member of our team, you will partner with SOF military and civilian members to directly support this mission by providing world-class Information Technology services and support that connect over 60,000 users around the world.
Project Managers must have demonstrated knowledge and experience with project management methodologies in order to work with intricate, multifaceted projects. They need superb communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with a development team and make project presentations. This position also requires a background in managing projects related to application development.
Because they direct the work of other employees, candidates require strong interpersonal and communication abilities. Analytical thinking also is very important, as this position often involves problem resolution and process development. Candidates require a working knowledge of Federal Acquisition law, regulations, policies and procedures, including substantial involvement in a major acquisition effort. Candidate must have advanced knowledge of using Microsoft Office Suite (2013/2016) and should have an understanding of Microsoft Project along with Microsoft Visio. Candidate should have a strong understanding of voice and data communications, LAN/WAN equipment and operations, networking and network components and ITIL Framework.
* Managing a specific project or projects assigned by the Government to include project requirements, scope, budget, schedule and performance
* Adjusts and reports on project performance, budget and schedule
* Provides interim progress reviews to the Government on an as-needed basis
* Assists with proposing, implementing and enforcing policies, standards and methodologies
* Responsible for either developing or supervising the preparation of studies, reports and acquisition documents
* Facilitates discussions and consensus among various project stakeholders, such as analysts, applications programmers and the Government
* Plans, oversees and documents all aspects of projects
* Implementing and monitoring new projects
* Managing the performance of and delegating projects to team members
* Demonstrating the right skills in a contextually and environmentally appropriate fashion.
* Establishing a steady flow of communication between self, team members and the government through an open-door policy or regular conversations with these individuals.
* Using motivational techniques to inspire team members to go the extra mile for the mission
* Delegating tasks to staff based on the individual's skill set and availability
* Presenting positivity and trustworthiness
* Attending on and off-site meetings, sometimes via telephone, video conference or chat
Required Education: Bachelors in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Math or AIS major field (Extensive experience may be substituted for education requirement.)
Description: Progressive and intensive experience in project management
Description: Relevant experience in a position with duties commensurate to those defined
Required Certification: Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
* PMI PMP
* Preferred Experience: Experience in IT support or managing IT projects and managing IT professionals desired
* Preferred Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundations
* Work will be performed inside a large facility. Work assignments vary based on client requirements. Position could require some night and weekend work.
* Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
* General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
* Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
* Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
* On-call and after hours' support may be required.
* You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
* You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency or exercises
* Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
* Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
* Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
* The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.