HMS makes the healthcare system work better for everyone. We fight fraud, waste, and abuse so people have access to healthcare-now and in the future. Using innovative technology and powerful data analytics, we help government and commercial payers reduce costs, increase quality, and achieve regulatory compliance. We also help consumers take a more active role in their own health. Each year, we save our clients billions of dollars while helping people live healthier lives. At HMS, you will develop new skills and build your career in a dynamic industry while making a difference in the lives of others.
We are seeking a talented individual for an Operations Project Manager I position who provides project oversight and facilitation in our Engineering and Metrics team. Responsible for day-to-day management of small to mid-size projects, ensuring on-time completion and alignment with overall strategic goals. Responsible for facilitating cross-functional work sessions needed to execute on all vital activities.
* May oversee small to mid-size projects or have responsibility for a phase(s) of a large scale project.
* Assists with project scope, goals, and deliverables.
* Develops full-scale project plans, defines project tasks and resource requirements;
* Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
* Works with team leads with each operational area to set strategy, create reporting and monitoring templates
* Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
* Sets and continually manages project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
* Delegates tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
* Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the project team.
* Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path.
* Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools; tracks project milestones and deliverables.
* Proactively manages changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
* Defines project success criteria and disseminates them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
* Provides direction and support to project team members.
* Builds, develops, and grows any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
* Presents reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
* Analyze and suggest improvements to business processes to improve overall workflow efficiency and effectiveness, with a focus on delivering results
* Develop, implement, and conduct analysis on meaningful reports to facilitate decision making
* Work closely with internal stakeholders to establish and maintain effective relationships, resolve issues, and facilitate positive organizational change
* Provide Agile/SCRUM mentoring to team members and internal stakeholders
* Assist in the creation of key performance metrics and scorecards
* Implement / improve remediation initiatives across functions
* Document processes and procedures using standard methodologies and tools.
* Gain expertise in Agile and Project Management best practices and methodologies
* Performs other functions as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management and SCRUM.
* Knowledge of project management and Agile techniques and tools.
* Proven experience in people management, risk management, and change management.
* Proven experience in strategic planning.
* Proficient in project management software.
* Strong interpersonal skills
Work Conditions and Physical Demands:
* Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment
* Ability to communicate and exchange information
* Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data
* Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.)
* Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals
* May be required to work extended hours for special business needs
* May be required to travel at least 10% of time based on business needs; at times on short notice
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or related field required.
* SCRUM Master certification required
* PMI PMP or PMI ACP certifications a plus
Minimum Related Work Experience:
* Prefer prior experience in Project Management, Healthcare Improvement, Scrum Master or Scrum Coach
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.