Hearst Digital Newspaper division is seeking an exceptional Project Manager to help to lead strategic projects and support day-to-day operations in a digital publishing environment. The ideal candidate will be passionate about online news, subscription products, possess an understanding of real-time publishing, and have a strong desire to innovate across all platforms where our users connect with our products. You'll play a key role in the company's effort to enable new and better forms of high-quality news and information -- going well beyond just putting newspaper articles online.
The Project Manager will work across multiple teams, with numerous stakeholders including Editors, Designers, Data, Marketing, Sales and Technology. As a core member of your project teams, you are expected to identify opportunities, suggest solutions, and act decisively when necessary to advance a project. We're looking for an action-oriented, hands-on project manager who can manage multiple teams and projects and an individual that understands diverse technology and integration points. You'll be able to overcomes obstacles and resistance to change through the use of complex strategies to promote project/program success, such as sharing resources to solve mutual problems across the organization.
There's no "one-size-fits-all" here; each team will require different levels of involvement and intensity of Agile processes.
Ideally, you possess:
● Strong technical skills. You like understanding how different systems fit together and enjoy tracking down and solving problems.
● The experience and know-how to lead project teams and manage risks, and have shipped multiple projects on time and on budget.
● The ability and desire to take ownership of complex efforts and mediate between competing interests and personalities to achieve alignment and motivate change.
● Excellent organizational skills. You can conscientiously manage and follow up on multiple concurrent tasks and requests on tight deadlines.
● Superb communication skills, including the ability to communicate between technical and non-technical contributors.
● Strong-cross functional team leadership; You're skilled at building strong relationships and successfully driving team towards unified goals and vision.
● Act as a strong leader and owner of software development projects; motivate and maintain momentum as you drive those projects to successful, smooth, on-time completion.
● Work closely with the team to drive definition and execution of projects.
● Actively seek out, track and remove barriers to completing a project.
● Look beyond the obvious for continuous opportunities for improvement.
● Ensure that project schedules and project scope are well defined.
● Track project progress and report status on a regular basis to the project team and partners.
● Manage and forecast resource and budget allocation.
● Champion and support Agile software development practices, and tailor that process (including scrums, planning, review and retrospective sessions, demos and more) to each project team.
Qualifications / Desired Skills and Experience:
● 4+ years Project and Program Management experience (formal or informal) including agile and scrum practices.
● Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and knowledge of Jira and Confluence or other equivalent project management software tools.
● Must have extensive experience working across multiple teams and stakeholders, interfacing effectively with Editors, Designers, Marketing, Operations, Product, Data, Sales and Technology.
● Excellent problem solving and analytical skills combined with a strong business and technical acumen.
● Superior written and verbal communication skills.
● Proactive and results-oriented individual who thinks creatively and follows through.
● Bachelor's degree
Hearst publishes monthly magazines.