At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
You'll be responsible for managing projects that improve the overall quality of customer support for the Uber Freight business in the United States and Canada. You'll become an expert on freight support and will work closely with other members of the team, including analysts and content managers to define and implement the desired service experience in our region. You will also be expected to work closely with stakeholders in Freight Operations and Product, and will work with our Global and Regional Community Operations teams towards shared goals.
As a Project Manager for Freight Support, you will advance Uber Freight's initiatives by steering interdepartmental and cross functional teams to integrate process and technology improvements. You'll need excellent stakeholder management, organizational, and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
This role is available in non-hub markets, with preference for Boston, Chicago, and San Francisco.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Plan and lead high-impact initiatives to improve the customer experience for Freight customers
* Work closely with our US & Canada Freight Operations teams to uncover and address customer experience pain points
* Drive continuous efforts to improve support infrastructure and processes
* Turn support data into actionable product, support, and operational improvements
* Become a subject matter expert and essential thought partner to regional leadership in developing a best-in-class customer experience
* Work with counterparts in other regional and global roles in pursuit of these initiatives
* Be the source of knowledge to train, educate, and answer questions from project managers, customer service representatives (CSRs) or other stakeholders in the organization
* Develop, maintain, and QA content for Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) to ensure that the voice, tone, and brand of support is consistent and effective
What You'll Need
* Bachelor's Degree with impressive academic record
* Minimum 3 years of professional experience
* Experience managing cross-functional projects and stakeholders, informed by data-driven insight
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Understand the necessary tone for any given situation at Uber and craft content that resonates as a result
* Experience building efficient processes that scale across a large organization
* Self-motivated with experience strategically problem solving, facilitating action, and project ownership
* Experience uncovering data to inform customer-oriented decisions
* Ability to handle competing priorities
* A passion for positive disruption and the constant improvement of the Freight industry
About the Team
As Uber continues to expand its services and technologies around the world, the Community Operations (CommOps) team is looking for a highly motivated hands-on leader who thrives in a fast-paced cross-functional environment and is excited to improve how our Compliance-related customer support.
Uber provides a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.