Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
To operate effectively while delivering growth and performance, private equity firms must optimize the management of data, simplify complex IT infrastructures and improve the investor experience. Investran, the private equity software solution from FIS™, automates front-, middle- and back-office processes for general partners, limited partners, fund administrators, family offices and fund of funds
What you will be doing
The successful candidate will engage with the client's business team, FIS internal teams and senior management to drive project results. The candidate must demonstrate ability to manage all aspects of the project including managing scope, budget, and timelines. Gaining an understanding of Investran modules will allow for more effective project management.
The candidate will have following responsibilities:
* Planning and Defining Scope
* Activity Planning and Sequencing
* Resource Planning
* Developing Schedules
* Time Estimating
* Cost Estimating
* Developing a Budget
* Creating Project Documentation
* Managing Risks and Issues
* Monitoring and Reporting Progress
* Team Leadership
* Working with Investran 3rd Party Consulting Partners
* Controlling Quality
* Plans and coordinates all aspects of projects from initiation through delivery.
* Manages project initiation activities including identifying contractual obligations, client or business needs and goals, existing situation and necessary contacts.
* Ensures requirements for internal projects align to operational standards. Develop alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
* Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
* Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
* Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
* Assigns and monitors work of project team, providing analytical support and direction.
* Manages project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals, e.g., deadline, scope and quality are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
* May manage the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate for the project.
* Serves as liaison between internal organizations as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
* Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to business groups in FIS and/or in client organizations.
* Conducts project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
* May directly oversee employees assigned to manage specific project that have a distinct beginning and end. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
* Identifies project management coordination gaps or areas for improvement and recommends and implements solutions.
* Some travel may be required.
What you bring:
A Bachelor's degree in business administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
* Knowledge of the industry project management best practices, i.e., Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
* Knowledge of standards relevant to the financial services industry , e.g., ISO, Six Sigma
* Knowledge of financial services industry
* Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects, e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, such as earned value database, audit tools, project repository, including risk, issues and action items database, SLIM Estimate, Metrics and Control, PlanView, Platinum Process Continuum
* Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
* Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints
* Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to interact effectively with executive level clients
* Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
Bonus if you have:
* Prior experience working with Software Product Delivery
* Previous Professional Services Background
* Dealing with complex projects and problem solving abilities
* PMP Certification would be an added +
* Private Equity experience would be appealing as well
What we offer you
* A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
* A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
* A competitive salary and benefits
* A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities