management skills are needed to Change the Bank!
We are looking for a strong and dynamic Senior Release Manager to ensure successful delivery of Core Banking Platform releases. This is an opportunity for you to take a senior and high-profile role in the largest Banking Transformation currently underway in the Nordics.
As Senior Release Manager, you will be a spider in the net and act as the key player managing the overall release with close interactions with Program Leadership, business representatives, senior stakeholders, program execution teams, other release managers and operation and infrastructure teams. At the same time, you will be contributing to uplifting the release management capability both within the domain areas of your responsibility and also as a function within the Banking Technology Engineering System unit.
The ideal candidate enjoys working with people and processes in highly complex environment context, can grasp the big picture and at the same time is able to go down into the details, to ensure detailed planning of release management activities.
Your future responsibilities
You'll join the Core Banking Program, where we are implementing a new Nordic Core Banking Platform across Nordea's operations in four Nordic countries. With simplified processes and products, the new platform will provide the framework for an end-to-end digital business model, improving our operational agility and delivering the benefits of scale
As Project Manager Experienced in the Core Banking Program you will have a unique opportunity to take the next step in your career. We are looking for a colleague to join our team, take responsibility for planning, governing and driving the end-to-end delivery of large, complex releases of the Nordea's new Core Banking System. This is a highly visible and influential position that works across all areas of a large complex program as well many interdependent programs and departments - both business and IT.
What you'll be doing:
* Negotiate, communicate and track key common release milestones across the program
* Take ownership of overall successful end to end delivery of releases
* Drive quality and timeliness of the overall delivery
* Produce regular Release Status Reports
* Identify, act on and monitor key risks related to release delivery
* Facilitate Release meetings & stakeholder communication
* Contribute to the ongoing development of the Release Management capability, processes & methodology
* Defining the release governance model and milestone plan
The role is based in Stockholm. We offer you the opportunity to join one of the most dynamic and international teams in Nordea, where you will join the biggest core banking renovation projects in the Nordics and one of the biggest in Europe. As a bonus, you will work with colleagues from different countries in the Nordics and in Poland.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You're dependable, willing to speak up - even when it's difficult - and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
* Educational background relevant to Bachelor's/Master's degree or the equivalent experience
* Extensive background and proven capability in large project or programme delivery and release management,
* Experience working in a complex international environment
* Understanding of Agile, Scrum, SAFe methodologies
* Knowledge on Change Management processes and tools
* Deep knowledge on SW and infrastructure releasing cycles
* Experience working with incident, problem and change management
* Excellent negotiation, networking and interpersonal skills
* Professional level of English
* Strong leadership and management skills
* Accountability and proactivity
Motivation and willingness to learn something new every day is the mind-set we are looking for in potential candidates. We focus on each employee's professional development and combine personal development plans with suitable tasks and necessary education. Finally, you are willing to walk the extra mile to deliver outstanding services to fit release schedules applicable for all Nordea Banking Technology projects. You can be based in any of Nordea offices in Nordics or Poland. Occasional travel to other office locations is expected.
In the Digital Hub at nordea.com, you can read more about us and how we are changing.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 8th July 2019.
Nordea is the largest financial services group in the Nordic region and one of the biggest banks in Europe. We want to make a real difference - for our customers and for the communities in which we operate - by sharing our broad expertise and by offering digital and sustainable solutions, anywhere anytime.