What you'll be doing...
Verizon is seeking a communications lead for the GTS Consumer Group strategic program office. This role will support reporting and communication of IT projects within the company, especially for leadership audiences. This role is expected to support a regular cadence of reporting, as well as accommodate ad hoc requests. This role will develop communication documents (slides, reports, emails, etc.) in a way that is meaningful and tailored to the audience, communicate sensitive information tactfully, and perform communications activities on time (sometimes within short timelines). Sourcing information from project owners or reporting from project/PPM systems, vetting the information for accuracy and audience, and determining the most appropriate approach to communicate will be key for success.
As our Employee Experience Project Manager, you'll be creating a great place to work where our employees are happy to come in every day, feel included, and are able to do their best. You'll be taking your great ideas and turning them into reality by planning and executing programs to make working here even better.
* Own IT project management reporting and communications across GTS Consumer Group strategic program office
* Develop communication artifacts that ensure the right messages are conveyed in the right way
* Provide reports and dashboards in the requested timelines, revising the documents iteratively by incorporating feedback from stakeholders
* Coordinate with project managers, the business, and IT to source the information either from stakeholders or systematically
* Assess opportunities to streamline and automate reporting while balancing efficiency with quality of information
* Understand and disseminate project status, risks, and plans to keep the team abreast of key program updates
* Managing projects and taking care of all the details.
* Leading initiatives, special projects, and events.
* Gathering employee feedback and understanding what could be even better.
* Creating reports, events, presentations, and communications.
* Measuring outcomes and making program improvements to ensure that goals are met.
What we're looking for...
You appreciate the importance of working in an environment where diverse backgrounds and different points of view are valued. You understand that different people have different needs-and that one size doesn't fit all. You're a top-notch planner who can keep sight of the end goal while ensuring all the steps along the way are taken care of, even under tight timelines and with competing priorities.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Strong experience in technical project oversight, including portfolio or program management.
* Experience in creating slides in Microsoft PowerPoint or Google Slides to communicate with stakeholders.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or a Masters' degree.
* Experience in event planning, organizing, managing and execution of large projects.
* One or more years of experience working with PPM tools; Jira or Clarity.
* Working knowledge of agile project management concepts.
* A good understanding of consumer telecom business practices, including accounting, finance, revenue assurance, taxation, billing, customer care, legal, device management and network operations.
* PC literacy, including desktop applications competency (e.g., Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, e-mail, etc.); Google suite.
* Excellent communication skills, including both written and verbal, and ability to tailor communication style based on audience.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively across different business and technology channels.
* Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and challenge the status quo.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.