Custom Computer Specialists, Inc. is the #1 Technical Consultant in the Northeast now celebrating 39+ years in business! We continue to successfully provide network integration, technical personnel, support services, products solutions, and consulting to our valued clients in the northeast. Our focus is simple...our goal is to make technology easy and to help our clients use it as effectively as possible.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated technical professional to join our team as a Project Manager! Our PM's are responsible for coordinating, planning, and tracking the integration of our projects across the entire Solution Services Technology Stack. This position involves customer interaction and requires strong organizational, communication, and client relationship skills.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience with a technology vendor or systems integrator in a project management role coordinating multiple simultaneous projects over a wide array of clients and solutions. Strong written and communication skills are a must. Knowledge of Cisco switching and Unified Communication, VMware, Enterprise storage solutions, and MS Platform solutions such as Exchange, AD, DFS and other backend server infrastructure as well as having the Project Management Professional certification is strongly preferred. Experience with Project Management delivery tools and best practices such as PMBOK or ITIL, MS Project/Visio is highly desirable. The candidate must be capable of travelling to and from project sites for attending client, project, and site survey meetings in and around the NY tri-state area.
This position is based in Hauppauge, New York.
* Ability to handle multiple/simultaneous projects from beginning to end;
* Assist in defining project scope, goals and deliverables that support business processes in collaboration with other Custom and Customer stakeholders;
* Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents;
* Clearly, concisely and effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion;
* Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis;
* Estimate resources and participants needed to achieve project goals;
* Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary;
* Effectively negotiate with other Custom managers for the acquisition of required personnel;
* Determines and assesses need for additional staff and/or consultants and makes the appropriate recruitments recommendations if necessary during the project cycle;
* Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders;
* Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel;
* Identify, communicate and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team;
* Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path;
* Plan, schedule and track project timelines, milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools;
* Develop and deliver status reports and maintain accurate and up-to-date Project Control Workbook data;
* Determine frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas;
* Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks, and devise contingency plans;
* Communicate/disseminate project success criteria to involved parties throughout project life cycle;
* Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project;
* Assist in developing and recommending best practices and tools for project execution and management.
* Flexible and adaptive conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities;
Custom Computer Specialists Offers:
* Competitive salaries
* Comprehensive benefits including:
* Medical and dental plans
* Company Paid Vision and Short and long term disability plans
* Flexible spending programs including Healthcare, Dependent Care, Transit and Parking
* 401K with employer match
* Tuition reimbursement
* Onsite Fitness Center (or gym membership reimbursement for client based employees)
* Company paid life Insurance
* Paid holidays and vacation
* Technical certification gift card rewards program
Come experience our unique culture and see how our "right people, right results" philosophy has led to our outstanding success! We are great place to start your IT career!
Custom Computer Specialists is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.