Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of over 3,800 professionals. With over $50 billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood development on Manhattan's West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine's list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. Related also has significant experience investing in operating businesses of the including its acquisitions of both Equinox and SoulCycle.
This position will provide product ownership and project management for the development and maintenance of one or more digital products that could include a mobile application to serve residents, a digital signage program, or a family of websites. This role will work with external teams of software developers and cross-functional teams of internal stakeholders to lead feature enhancement and maintenance of these product products from ideation through deployment.
The successful applicant for this position will have a roll-up-the-sleeves work ethic and be close enough to the technology and the individual contributors that they will be able to lead product direction and support engineering execution.
He/she will be responsible for documenting requirements, developing project plans, leading meetings, driving development work of external developers, and working in our building teams to ensure successful performance of the products. This may also require developing reports, training materials, and managing vendors responsible for various systems of record in our buildings.
* Product Ownership: works in parallel with other digital team members and other internal stakeholders to strategically plan the company's product development roadmap, execution of roadmap and successful stewardship of full product life cycle.
* Project management: plan and manage the execution of new feature sets for and maintain digital products that align with the organization's strategic objectives including primary responsibility for managing software application development, testing and implementation for enterprise-wide products.
* Monitors industry leading technology trends and identifies emerging technologies and best practices.
* Works in a collaborative and consultative manner with other department leaders and internal partners while serving as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
Key Role Skill Set
* Demonstrated experience in developing and operating in the delivery of technology.
* Strong team skills and the ability to work effectively with internal and external groups as part of various initiatives.
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal, time management and communication skills.
* Responsible for seeing initiatives through to launch including defect prioritization, user acceptance testing planning/execution and data setup planning
* Strong leadership, interpersonal, partnership and influence management skills
* Superb project management expertise including excellent multi-tasking, prioritization and organization skills
* Familiar with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Data Studio, or others
* Exposed to agile methodologies
Education and Professional Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree (or higher) in a technical field; MBA preferred
* At least 3+ years of professional experience in technology and product and/or project management