As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/Overview Statement:
The Health Innovation Platform (HIP) team at Partners HealthCare is creating technology solutions focused on fundamentally accelerating the rate of clinical innovation in healthcare. We have already worked with clinicians to redefine platelet and heart failure management processes and are now expanding to new areas. Our team joins forces with clinical leaders to determine how entire patient care workflows can be rebuilt to better gather, analyze and react to patient data. We strongly believe, and are intent on collecting data to prove, that it is possible to deploy algorithmically enhanced care to produce better outcomes and reduce cost while improving patient and clinician experiences.
In pursuit of this opportunity, our expanding team is tackling some of the largest challenges in healthcare IT - integrating genetic and other new data sources into clinical workflows, deploying complex analytics-aware infrastructure into mission critical clinical environments, and democratizing healthcare IT. This position offers an opportunity to join our team at an early stage.
More specifically, the projects we undertake are initiated by clinicians across our healthcare system who identify ways in which care delivery could be improved through process change that requires digital interventions. The required functionality often involves bringing together disparate data and applying improved analytics - which in turn requires building highly cross functional teams combining a wide range of types of expertise. Effectively, they need "apps" to provide the support and leverage required to rebuild legacy pathways, validate their safety and effectiveness and then transition the healthcare system to the reimagined processes. This type of support is expensive to create. The HIP team is focused on addressing this challenge too. The team is creating a platform to simplify the development of evolved IT support in the healthcare setting. Consistent with our values, we will open source this platform once it is complete. The platform will increase our development speed thereby bringing benefits to patients in need faster and less expensively than would otherwise be possible.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
We are seeking a project manager that will thrive as a member and leader of an experienced, high performing and highly motivated team. A desire and ability to take ownership of complex projects and drive them to completion is required. Specifically, this role involves managing delivery projects in a matrixed context. In the team structure we are targeting, the project manager will be responsible for prioritizing the work of development personnel assigned to projects. This will involve managing the process of scoping projects, lay out project plans, and optimizing the execution of these plans to completion in close coordination with product owners and managers. It is important to note that you will be joining a small rapidly growing team experimenting with management structures to enable us to effectively expand. This team, with the project manager's input, will evolve roles and reporting structures as needed to maximize the value we can provide to patients. Therefore, it is possible that the specifics of this role will change and evolve as we grow.
Capabilities that are important in this role:
* Comfort managing large, complex projects
* Ability to recruit, support and manage Scrum Masters and QA personnel
* We are looking for the type of person who never drops a ball. You must be able to track, organize, delegate and monitor the tasks that emerge over the course of executing projects.
* This job will involve coordinating across very diverse groups of stakeholders with very different backgrounds and areas of expertise. You must be able to build relations in the context and create strong team culture. This will require exceptional listening skills.
* You must be comfortable making decisions and determining what issues do and do not need to be raised outside of the team.
* You should have a strong interest in process, learning from methodologies used elsewhere and determining how to best apply them in this environment.
* Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
* You must be capable of and willing to jump in and serve as a business analyst and/or tester when it is in your team's interest for you to do so.
* Use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
* Other duties as assigned.
This position offers the exciting opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the revolution in healthcare IT.
* Demonstrated success managing large, complex, team-based projects or initiatives.
* Experience managing Agile based projects is a strong plus but not required. (Experience with SCRUM methodologies is an even more significant plus, as would any experience managing within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) If you do not have this experience, you must have a strong interest in learning and applying agile/scrum techniques.
* Bachelor's degree in Healthcare, Computer Science or related field.
* A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements.
● Ability to quickly pick up healthcare, biological and IT concepts.
● Ability to create and maintain an extremely positive team culture.
● Ability to recruit and manage project personnel.
● Ability to generate, manage and maintain projects plans required to organize large scale projects.
● Ability to effectively communicate processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
● An understanding of the importance of user-centered design.
● Utilize strong interpersonal skills to communicate with cross functional teams including staff at all levels of the organization.
● Possess strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
● Ability to effectively conduct meetings, both formal and informal, including departmental and clinical user meetings.
● Requires minimal direction from leadership and possesses the ability to learn quickly.
● Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization.
● Willingness to help teammates, share knowledge and experiences, and learn together.
● Openness to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
● Standard office environment with possible local travel to Partners sites.
● Non-standard work hours may be required as business needs dictate.
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.