Bay State Computers, Inc. is a professional services firm and a leading provider of Information Technology (IT) services and products to the U.S. Federal Government and Industry. Bay State brings together experienced IT professionals and the latest state-of-the-art technology tools, practices, and products to support projects and task order requirements for our customers. For more information about Bay State visit our website, connect with us on LinkedIn, or follow us on Twitter.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our team.
* Manage customer project delivery
o Working with the Solutions Delivery proposal team to confirm the project planning is scoped, scheduled, and prepared for execution handoff to Service Delivery
o Manage multiple medium to large projects across a diverse client base
o Developing and Managing project schedules or agile sprint plan
o Perform risk management activities to proactively forecast threats and opportunities
* Manages project financials including P&L
o Develop and maintain approved project budgets
o Provides reliable financial forecasts and business reviews to organizational leadership
o Review and confirm customer invoices are accurate and in sync with actuals in each invoicing cycle
* Manages business development
o Identifies and develops new opportunities on current project
o Supports qualification and opportunity assessment for large and moderately complex opportunities
o Acts as opportunity manager for medium to high risk deals
* Manages client relationships
o Manages mid to upper level client delivery relationships
o Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients
o Plan and report daily project activities in collaboration with customer project manager
* Coordinates project team work plans
o Organize project resources to plan work to meet deliverables and key milestones
o Mentors and encourages skill development of project team members
o Provides performance review input and indication of area of development for team members
* Minimum 9 years' experience in project management
* Project Management Institute, Project Management Professional (PMP)
* Demonstrates an in-depth understanding processes and methodologies applicable to project management best practices.
* Speaks with expertise to many layers of depth related to project management methods
* Participates in the company Program Manager (PM) Professions community
* Ability to manage the customer's delivery projects
* Maintains awareness on emerging technologies and project/program management techniques.
* Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in like roles/businesses
Benefits: Full-time employees (permanent or contract employees who are employed for a term greater than 6 months) are eligible for benefits including time-off benefits, such as vacations and holidays, and insurance and other plan benefits.
Location: Austin, TX
Bay State Computers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.