Responsibilities include managing mid-sized projects leveraging new and existing technology to meet business objectives.
The candidate will leverage his/her skills to communicate, influence, and negotiate effectively with business and technology stakeholders to establish aligned expectations and execute accordingly throughout the entirety of the project.
The candidate understands that while his/her core responsibilities will include the following, there will be open acceptance to take on additional responsibilities throughout the lifecycle of the project to ensure the project's success criteria are met:
* Project Management
o Capturing and guiding all project stakeholders to meet the business outcomes/success criteria
o Managing project budget, scope, and timeline
o Understanding the skillsets required to meet the business outcomes and quickly assessing if any gaps exist
o Communicating project status
o Coordinating and facilitating meetings
o Project documentation
o Assessing risks and escalating appropriately to mitigate or eliminate the risks
o Change Management: understanding what is remaining the same, what is changing, and communicating this effectively to all impacted stakeholders
o Compiling data from multiple sources for financial and portfolio reporting
o Creating new / revising existing IT processes
The candidate has the confidence to provide direction to and/or challenge stakeholders when necessary in a respectful manner. The candidate has the humility and self-awareness to change his own behavior/process for the betterment of the project.
The candidate must have experience in managing a variety of projects which include Infrastructure, Application Development, and IT Service Management.
A formal certification in project management such as PMP, CSM, PMI_ACP, or SAFe Agilist is also a plus.
* Demonstrates leadership and overall responsibility for project delivery including scheduling, project management documentation, project requirements and scope management, and quality for designated technology projects
* Coordinates and manages meetings with IT and business resources to ensure the appropriate level of collaboration and awareness are provided.
* Negotiates with stakeholders, such as functional and technical owners, to keep scope, schedule and resources in balance.
* Holds project stakeholders accountable for meeting commitments and business outcomes.
* Must to be able to effectively communicate project status (written and verbal) to all project stakeholders, including senior leadership, technical, and non-technical resources.
* Manages relationships with third party vendors involved with project delivery.
* The candidate has the ability to jump into a project at any phase of the project lifecycle and is able to independently integrate the proper techniques to understand where in the project lifecycle the project is and quickly identify what key project management documentation/information is existing and missing.
* Regardless of project complexity or unknown technology knowledge/expertise, unknown stakeholders, etc., the candidate has proficiency with and will still be able to independently navigate project stakeholders through the entire project lifecycle and complete all project management deliverables.
* The candidate is able to capture, document, and explain in detail all aspects of change management (i.e. technology changes, support changes, and end user changes) on the project to all stakeholders on the project and is able to ascertain and implement appropriate techniques and deliverables to ensure a smooth transition once the changes are implemented.
* The candidate is consciously aware of what techniques are effective and ineffective on the project and has the experience/skillset to independently make the appropriate, effective changes.
* The candidate is able to capture, document, and explain the sequencing of key features/deliverables that need to occur on a project and understands the dependencies across each feature/deliverable. Also, in the event one of the features/deliverables has a change, the candidate works with the project team and is able to articulate the impact and create a mitigation plan to address it.
* The candidate is able to identify project Risks, propose solutions to resolve or options to mitigate the Risk, and articulate them to the Project Team and the Project Stakeholders. It is not enough to simply log a Risk and communicate the Risk.
* The candidate is able to perform basic Excel functions - vlookups, pivot tables, etc. as a means to compile multiple data inputs and communicate to project stakeholders.
* 5+ years of industry experience, with 5+ years in an IT project management role
* 5+ years of experience in direct customer-facing roles
* Proven ability to perform well in a deadline-sensitive environment
* Experience with Microsoft Excel
* Bachelor's Degree required
* PMP and Agile (CSM, PMI-ACP, SAFe Agilist) certification preferred
* The position may involve overtime, which could be extensive at times based on delivery deadlines
At Huron, we're redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client's challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.
Huron Consulting Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage to employees and dependents; a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match; an employee stock purchase plan; a generous Paid Time Off policy; and paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Our Wellness Program supports employee total well-being by providing free annual health screenings and coaching, bank at work, and on-site workshops, as well as ongoing programs recognizing major events in the lives of our employees throughout the year. All benefits and programs are subject to applicable eligibility requirements.
Huron is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity to job applicants and employees in recruitment, hiring, employment, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Huron will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, religion, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, creed, citizenship or any other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we do business. We endeavor to maintain a drug-free workplace. Huron will consider qualified applications with criminal history in accordance with applicable laws.
About Huron Consulting
Huron Consulting Group helps clients in diverse industries improve performance, comply with complex regulations, reduce costs, recover from