Under the direction of the Information Management Applications Services Project Director, the Portfolio and Project Management Office (PPMO) Project Manager (PM) is responsible for driving small to medium scale and at times large, complex and/or long term projects and project teams consisting of internal and external resources. The PM will work with and support the leadership team in leading and managing the overall project portfolio, including high profile projects by creating complex project plans and workflows to drive timely and efficient results. Investigate non-standard requests and problems, make presentations to senior leadership and project executive sponsor, ensure project documentation is accurate and projects are completed on time and within scope. Track pertinent data and facts that will be reviewed to identify and solve issues and mitigate risks, prioritize work load and work on an ad hoc projects as assigned.
* Confers with the appropriate stakeholders including System Director-IM Group Operations, Regional Director-IM and/or Project Director along with representatives of user departments including senior leadership regarding information systems capabilities, the feasibility of developing specific information systems, and the determination of system requirements and modifications.
* Manages assigned projects including monitoring project and budgetary performance and compliance with applicable specifications, rules, regulations and laws related to business and clinical applications, preparation of initial and final systems design and documentation necessary for delivery to customer, systems and programming; ensures quality and timeliness of work performed and final products.
* Develops, plans and monitors project budget(s) and is responsible for delivering business and computer system applications within budget estimates, using current business and project management metrics.
* Plans, prioritizes, delegates and reviews the work of assigned project staff; establishes schedules and methods for achieving project goals and objectives; and reviews work products, makes corrections and coordinates staff training and development efforts.
* Project Management Principles - Lead all aspects of assigned projects including development of the project lifecycle, gather and evaluate user's conceptual business requirements needs, project scope, schedule, resourcing, milestones, work breakdown structure tasks, target and actual dates of completion. Mitigate risk throughout the project lifecycle to assure timely and effective deliverables by effectively and efficiently managing internal and external resource and business partners while fostering creative problem solving. Track project issue management with documentation and efforts toward resolution. Ensure that system changes are fully tested, users are fully trained and prepared, associated policies and procedures requirements are met and coordinate implementation of the changes. Prepare and present formalized communications and document progress to senior leadership team, executive sponsor, internal and external project team members and business partners. Creates/Maintains Project Plan/WBS, Scope Management, Manages Risks and Issues on the Project Level.
* Relationship Management - Develops relationships with divisions based upon industry knowledge, and how technology application can lead to competitive advantage. Sets direction based upon prioritized projects. Understands local issues and personalities. Advises local and corporate steering teams. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Project Leadership - Monitors, manages and/or performs day-to-day operations of the assigned projects to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed, that goals and objectives are met, and that services and projects are being accomplished efficiently and effectively; take corrective action as necessary. Escalates when necessary following appropriate escalation processes. Oversees Project Escalations.
* Resource Management - Plan, schedule direct, monitor and track the work of the project resources, from inception through completion. Establishes project governance and conducts appropriate workgroup meetings to ensure project deliverables are being met. Manages Resourcing Oversees Project Workgroup Meetings, Establishes Project Governance.
* Communication -- Demonstrates effective oral and written communications to facilitate understanding, ownership and accomplishment of project goals and objectives. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, possesses good negotiating skills and promotes teamwork. Provides scheduled project status updates to project team and stakeholders. Project Status Reporting.
* Training - Works with IM Training and Vendors on the following:
* Planning for and ensuring preparation and maintenance of documentation pertaining to programming, systems operation and user documentation.
* Translating business specifications into user documentation.
* Planning, writing, and overseeing user support documentation efforts, including online help screens.
* Ensuring training of users in the operation and functionality of computer applications and the related business processes.
* Validating competency of users in utilization of information systems prior to systems go-live or major changes.
* Ensuring super-users or other support personnel are in place at go-live, and succession planning is documented to ensure ongoing competency support in facilities and departments affected by new systems being implemented or upgraded.
* Ensures that proper knowledge transition occurs to the support and service teams to prevent a drop in service from project team to the users as part of the release management process. Ensures Smooth Transition to Operations.
* Requirements Definition -Reviews, documents, analyzes, and evaluates systems and user needs. Works with project internal and external resources as well as stakeholders to formulate system parameters to parallel overall business strategies. Oversees development of detailed description of user-required program functions, and steps required for developing, implementing and/or modifying computer programs. Ensures Business Process Workflows Developed.
* Technical Analysis Design, and Software Quality Assurance - Supports implementation of software applications. Provides oversight in the design and development of software applications, interfaces and custom programming, and testing processes through definition of use cases, test plans, test review and analysis, test results retention and certification of software. Familiar with standard testing concepts, practices, and procedures. Manages Testing, Manages Training, Manages Use Case Development, Manages All Levels of Testing.
* Application Functional Support - Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates application functionality. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the supported application. Understands best practices in functional area. Assures that proper diagnoses of application problems and issues are performed using prescribed testing techniques. Facilitates design and executes unit and integration test plans for business reviews. Ensures documentation of business processes/flowcharts, departmental guidelines and procedures necessary to support integration of applications with business/clinical processes. Ensures Business Process Workflows Developed.
* System Architectural Planning - Ensures engineering, architecture and design of technology infrastructure to support software products. Works with technical experts to develop project plans, budgets, and technical specifications related to technology infrastructure.
* System Integration Planning - Designs plans for interfacing and integrating various software packages as necessary. Has a working knowledge of middle-ware and database techniques used to exchange information between applications. Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within this field. Ensures Integration Points Identified.
* System Security Planning -- For project deliverables, ensures security and compliance needs of CHRISTUS Health are met working with appropriate resources and leadership.
* A. Education/Experience/Skills:
* Bachelor's degree in related field or relevant experience in an Information Systems environment required.
* Previous experience managing healthcare projects of small to medium scope and complexity preferred.
* In lieu of Bachelor's degree or previous experience managing healthcare projects of small to medium scope and complexity, must have 6 years' experience working on information technology healthcare project teams and in obtaining customer requirements and other analysis activities.
* Experience with Microsoft office products and SharePoint preferred.
* Experience with Project management tools, such as ServiceNow, preferred.
* B. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
* PMP Certification preferred.