As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will lead the advanced development of space systems for possible use in in-space propulsion elements, spacecraft, propellant depots, landers, habitats and other surface systems, for both human and robotic systems. You will help align these advanced developments with company strategies, products, and technology maturation plans. Your expertise are in project engineering and management, including technical integration. You are adept at managing to a plan, comfortable adjusting it in response to evolving requirements or external constraints, and prioritizing efforts all the while infusing and facilitating creativity and innovation. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of advanced system design and operation. Your contributions will directly impact the history of space exploration, and your dedicated commitment and attention to detail will further the cause of safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Develop program plans, budgets, and schedules, both from internally derived goals and constraints and from customer contracts and statements-of-work
* Manage technical tasking, schedule, resources, cost and reporting, including risks, variances and recovery plans
* Collaborate with many internal and external stakeholders to define requirements, dependencies, and schedule needs associated with developing system solutions
* Engage in the development of advanced space systems including conceptual design, modeling, structural layout and analysis, fabrication, integration and test support
* Lead team-based identification, decomposition, and estimation of work scope for maturing advanced systems for infusion into products
* Minimum of a B.S. degree in Engineering
* 15+ years of industry experience including detail design / development of aerospace or equivalent-type systems and 5+ years in progressive project management
* Experience leading small multi-disciplinary development teams on fast pace projects
* Experience in rapid definition of system requirements and concept definition for system configurations that span a broad range of mission objectives
* Experience managing project requirements, priorities, scope, schedule, resources, cost and reporting
* Demonstrated technical expertise in spacecraft, launch vehicle, or high-performance aircraft development; including one or more of the following: human spaceflight, liquid propulsion, fluid/thermal/mechanical systems, structures and tanks, avionics, and systems engineering and integration.
* Experience with logic-linked scheduling and cost-account management, risk management, and configuration management
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
* Experience with space flight hardware or human spaceflight
* PMP credential or equivalent
* Experience across multiple portions of the product life cycle (pre-conceptual design through field support)
* Experience with fault-tolerance strategies for safety and mission critical systems
* Familiarity with version control (e.g. git/gitlab, mercurial, subversion)
* Experience with collaboration tools such as Confluence and JIRA
* Working knowledge in the use of 3-D CAD tools (ProEngineer is preferred) and configuration and data management software (Windchill, DOORS)
* Experience with generating staffing plans, hiring, and team building
* Experience with proposal support and leadership (technical/management volumes, Task Description/Basis-of-Estimate development, etc.)
* Experience working with U.S. Government research agencies (e.g. NASA, AFRL, DARPA)
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.