We are a leading innovator in health and health care improvement worldwide. For more than 25 years, we have partnered with visionaries, leaders, and front-line practitioners around the globe to spark bold, inventive ways to improve the health of individuals and populations. Recognized as an innovator, convener, trustworthy partner, and driver of results, we are the first place to turn for expertise, help, and encouragement for anyone, anywhere who wants to change health and health care profoundly for the better.
The Project Manager's role is to plan, design, develop, and launch efficient projects for selection, implementation and operation of business applications in support of core organizational functions and business processes. The role includes a strong emphasis on stakeholder engagement and vendor management.
The PM will coordinate implementations and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project's objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
* Plans and coordinates complex IT projects through all key phases: needs identification, market analysis and solution selection, implementation, testing, adoption and operation. * Works with project working groups, subject-matter experts and IT staff to define and prioritize requirements * Plan project lifecycle, define resources, goals, milestones and schedule for project implementation in collaboration with members of the IT team. * Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning. * Directs and oversees project working groups and manages conflicts within group. * Performs team assessments and evaluations. * Efficiently identifies and solves or escalates project issues. * Demonstrates leadership to define requirements for project risk.
Strategy & Planning
* Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues. * Lead design sessions in applying existing or new solutions and capabilities for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow. * Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems. * Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. * Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion. * Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders. * Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. * Track project milestones and deliverables. * Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas. * Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle. * Conduct project retrospectives and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements. * Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
Acquisition & Deployment
* Collaborate with business stakeholders on the Project Proposal development and intake process. Coordinate preparation of project proposals with requesters and IT subject-matter experts, including identification of potential solutions, cost, effort and risk estimation. Prepare proposals for presentation to and consideration by the appropriate IT governance committee. * Collaborate in the planning, design, selection, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications. * Conduct research on software and hardware products to identify market providers and solutions, justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts. * Develop Requests for Information / Proposals (RFI / RFP) for external solutions and services. Coordinate proposal review and evaluation, demonstrations, and demonstration evaluation. * Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid governance committees in making implementation decisions. * Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals. * Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary. * Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the assignment and allocation of required personnel from within the organization. .
* Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in operating applications and solutions across the organization. * Coordinate testing, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support. * Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems. * Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents. * Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel. * Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team. * Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path. * Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations. * Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans. * Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action, ownership and accountability for their assigned work. * Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the projects.
Qualifications for IT Project Manager - Program Manager
The ideal candidate should have the following experience and qualifications:
Bachelor's degree with a major in business, project management or information technology and/or other related project focused disciplines.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certified. While it will provide a candidate with a significant advantage, it is not a requirement for this position. * Deep expertise (minimum of 5 years) in managing multiple complex projects, including all aspects of process development and execution. * Non-profit experience. While it will provide a candidate with a significant advantage, it is not a requirement for this position. * Proven experience with the systems implementation lifecycle - overseeing the selection, configuration, implementation and adoption of software solutions, systems, or products. * Working technical knowledge of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and CRM (Constituent Relationship Management) application software configuration. * Strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project or similar. * Technically competent with various software programs, such as MS Office applications and Visio. * Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills. * Excellent written and oral communication skills. * Excellent listening and interpersonal skills. * Logical and efficient. * Keen attention to detail. * Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required. * Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language. * Highly self motivated and directed. * Ability to effectively prioritize, motivate team members and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. * Strong customer service orientation. * Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.