At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. If you'd like to help enable Amazon's strategic growth, this is your chance to make history. Amazon Studios is the original film and television development and production arm of Amazon.com. Our projects include award winning comedy series and films The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Transparent, Mozart in the Jungle, Manchester by the Sea and The Big Sick, drama series Bosch, Goliath, and Man in the High Castle, and numerous children's and unscripted series.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Amazon Studios Accounting team as a Project Manager (PM), located in Santa Monica, California. As a PM, you will be a key partner to Accounting, Finance, Business, Tax, Technology and external partners in the design, development, execution and implementation of finance and accounting automation solutions. Your systems and process talents will be at the epicenter of solving one of Amazon Studios' largest challenges - to build a multi-faceted automated finance and accounting solution that can support our global content production, acquisition and distribution business as volume and complexity continues to expand. You will have both strategic and hands-on responsibilities in project leadership to drive and execute project initiatives that will change the way account for and analyze financial and non-financial information critical to the success of Amazon Studios and Amazon.com.
The right individual will be an exceptional strategic thinker with a deep understanding of Accounting and Finance functions, financial systems design and implementation, and will have solid business judgment capable of driving an organization to the right results through effective verbal and written communication and logical reasoning. Key skills for the role include an extraordinary ability to deal with ambiguity, network effectively and influence partner teams without authority to overcome unforeseen obstacles. He or she will have operated successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment requiring extensive cross-team collaboration.
* Establish, document, and maintain the strategic direction for finance and accounting systems. Ensure new projects and operations are in alignment with the plan including business, finance, accounting, tax and technology initiatives.
* Develop and maintain a roadmap for the financial system landscape that defines, prioritizes, and schedules the systems, enhancements, and integrations needed to meet finance and accounting requirements. Coordinate and monitor activities with all project teams to manage the related activities, changes to the plan, and to ultimately ensure the requirements are met.
* Manage and serve as the program manager and key finance and accounting contact for the core finance and accounting system implementation, working in conjunction with the systems integrator and Amazon technology teams.
* Implement and manage finance and accounting business practices and processes to support and enhance the system implementation, especially those where business and finance/accounting overlap.
* Identify necessary finance and accounting resources to support the above.
* Communicate key status to all stakeholders including business leaders, finance and accounting leaders, and program/project team members.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.