Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We are a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let us make an impact together.
Perspecta has an immediate need for a Project Manager
- in Washington, DC.
* Under direct supervision, has duties of instructing, directing, and checking the work of other technical staff.
* Review design documents and ensure technical specifications and designs are correct.
* Perform all functional duties independently.
* Work on high-visibility programs or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s).
* Oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
* Responsible for the completion of assigned engineering projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
* Lead technical staff assigned for the duration of a project or may function as ongoing lead for technical staff associated with one or more technical areas.
* Does not have formal supervisory responsibilities, although may provide input for (project) team member performance appraisals.
A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline is preferred.
* A minimum of ten (10) years' experience in project management or related field, preferably in the area of software application development and/or related field.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
* Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program.
* Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
* Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel.
* Broad knowledge of project management disciplines as outlined in the Project Management Body of Knowledge.
* Extensive experience with managing software application development projects of various sizes, including client interaction and meeting facilitation.
* Extensive experience defining project scope, developing work plans and project schedules, preparing project estimates, developing resource plans, and compiling project status reports.
* Extensive experience managing heterogeneous project teams composed of resources from multiple vendors/organizations.
* Extensive experience reviewing software documentation such as requirements specifications, design documents, manuals, test plans/cases, test scripts and test reports.
* Excellent communication skills.