Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications.
Woolpert has been contracted to support FEMA in disaster recovery efforts by providing professional engineering services in the inspection and assessment of public infrastructure, transportation, and buildings.
The Project Manager will be involved in large/complex FEMA recovery projects located in 17 states across the mid-west including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, North and South Dakota, and Montana. This individual will have a background in Disaster Recovery. Response and Recovery Deployment scenarios will vary, ranging from a week to a month or more. This is an amazing opportunity to employ your unique engineering skillsets by providing assistance and support to communities when they need it most.
These individuals will manage the PA grant delivery process (from Applicant assignment to Exit Briefing) for an average amount of eight (8) individual applicants simultaneously. The number of applicants will vary from approximately 1 to 15 depending on the number of projects and complexity of projects that an applicant claims. Additionally, these individuals will manage up to seven (7) Project Specialists. These individuals must ensure program delivery in a timely, professional, customer-centric manner that meets all assigned Applicant's recovery priorities. Tasks include:
* Reviewing information gathered during the Preliminary Damage Assessment (PDA) for assigned Applicants
* Conducting Exploratory Calls to gather information from Applicants using assigned templates
* Developing an understanding of each Applicants' projects and recovery priorities
* Conducting and facilitating Recovery Scoping Meetings with Applicants using assigned documents
* Working with Applicants to logically group and prioritize projects based on the Applicants recovery priorities
* Establishing regular meetings with the Project Specialists and Applicants to facilitate the program delivery and recovery process
* Identifying need for and engaging technical specialists and environmental/historic preservation compliance specialists when appropriate throughout the program delivery process
* Reviewing damage details, scopes of work, and costs with the Project Specialists
* Participating in regular FEMA meetings by providing updates on work status
* Evaluating claims and making recommendations to FEMA as to whether the claim is eligible
* Discussing and resolving eligibility issues
* Assist with the development of the Determination Memo by completing appropriate sections and communicating final determinations to the Applicants
* Conducting Exit Briefing with the Applicant using assigned documents
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered.
Education & Experience:
Individuals must meet at least one level of education and experience requirements listed below:
* MUST HAVE PRIOR PUBLIC ASSISTANCE EXPERIENCE
* 2 years in field of expertise (with an undergraduate degree and professional registration) or 5 years in field of expertise
* 5 years in field of expertise (with an undergraduate degree and professional registration) or 10 years in field of expertise
* 10 years in field of expertise (with an undergraduate degree and professional registration) or 15 years in field of expertise
* Experience in Disaster recovery preferred. Previous FEMA experience a Plus
* Ability to provide excellent customer service
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
* Ability to work independently as well as in a collabor