Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact every day?
Imagine all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? Absolutely.
This is satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people's lives. We are where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. We are where you can connect people to making a lifesaving impact. We are where you can partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. The American Heart Association is where you can make an extraordinary impact.
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager with the Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) team located in our Dallas, TX office. The Project Manager is responsible for driving the successful completion of assigned projects by assisting teams in initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and close of assigned projects. As a project manager you will work collaboratively with a variety of cross functional resources in a matrixed environment to drive projects to be delivered on time, within budget, and to specified quality criteria.
* In cooperation with colleagues and staff, prepares project plans to include: defined scope, deliverables, schedules, status reports and other documentation needs
* Works collaboratively with internal and external staff, management, volunteers, and consultants for assigned projects
* Responsible for coordination and completion of projects which encompasses a variety of tasks including setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring and summarizing progress of projects
* Provides updates to all stakeholders on the status of projects
* Experience and/or familiarity with multiple project management methodologies i.e. PMI, Prince2, and Agile.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum of 2+ years project management or equivalent experience, with the ability to plan and monitor projects from inception through completion
* Skilled in assessing and controlling risk
* Accurately anticipate and catch deviations from a plan or schedule early, asses their impact to the schedule, and keep stakeholders informed
* Strong issues management and ability to keep the project moving forward
* Coordinate across departments to manage day-to-day workflow to ensure timely delivery of projects within scope and budget
* Identify, manage and control unnecessary changes
* Manage stakeholder expectations and communication flow as it relates to project deliverables, scope and the project team.
* Ability to identify issues and provide options and solutions for resolution to key stakeholders
* Ability to prioritize work assignments, meet multiple deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Skilled at group facilitation and meeting management
* Ability to effectively lead and motivate project teams through the tasks of identifying and executing project objectives
* Strong interpersonal skills, including relationship building
* Functional multi-program computer skills; strong project management tools skills
* Skilled in effective oral and written communications
* Effective, decisive decision-making skills
* Ability to build consensus among staff and volunteersAbility to travel up to 10% of work time.
Click on "Apply for this job online" to submit your online application or "Log back in!" if you are a returning applicant. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities with the American Heart Association
Be sure to follow us on Twitter to see what it is like to work for the American Heart Association and why so many people enjoy #TheAHALife
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities