Organizations across the globe rely on OneSource Virtual for Workday services, support, optimization, and consulting. We create solutions built on the Workday application that empower customers to become strategic HR organizations, then scales with them as they grow. To date, OneSource Virtual offers HR outsourcing, IT outsourcing, application optimization, and consulting services to 500+ customers that represent more than 35 percent of Workday's customer base.
The R&D Project Manager will be integral to the success of cross functional project teams by gathering, analyzing, documenting, and validating requirements and by managing small to medium sized projects. The ideal candidate will use project management skills to manage project roles, identify resource requirements, assist in defining project deliverables, use of standard methodologies (i.e. Scrum, Waterfall) and provide customer satisfaction to insure quality of projects. This is a position within the Research & Development Team.
* Successfully master managing the overall performance and delivery of cross-functional projects from initiation to closure.
* Work with Project Sponsors, functional managers, IT technical analysts and other IT resources to create and manage the scope, goals, schedule and deliverables to complete the project.
* Organizes team goals and agendas and facilitates of the team scrum meetings (daily, sprint planning, sprint review, retrospective) where applicable
* Assist project team with defining project tasks and resource requirements.
* Prepare agendas and meeting minutes.
* Schedule meetings accordingly.
* Represent project status through regular status reporting opportunities. Manage status communication with project team, stakeholders, functional managers, and executive team as appropriate.
* Ensure that issues and risks are identified, understood early and dealt with in a manner that mitigates surprises, risk to scope, cost, and schedule.
* Remove impediments that would prevent the team from achieving its sprint and release goals (internal and external to the team), where applicable
* Use project management skills to ensure that cross-functional resources are held accountable for task and outcome completion.
* Manage lessons learned and project closing and ensure impactful lessons learned are embedded in ongoing evolution of the PMO process.
* Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Other assigned duties as needed.
* Self-directed management of work and results
* Flexible in a changing environment
* Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively in a fast paced environment
* Ability to identify risks and vulnerabilities and create contingency plans
* Describe key objectives, phases and deliverables on current projects
* Lead in the design and development of department-wide projects
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, professional presentation, organizational skills and a proactive customer service approach.
* Good interpersonal communication, collaborative team work, and negotiation skills.
* Must be able to work both with a team and independently
* Ability to demonstrate conflict resolution, leadership, adaptability and coordination capabilities
* Ability to influence behavior and facilitate decision making throughout the organization in support of achieving project objectives.
* Ability to work cooperatively at all levels to build and maintain the positive relationships required to accomplish organizational goals.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
* B.A. or B.S. degree (emphasis in management or related discipline preferred)
* Minimum of 3-5 years of project management experience with SCRUM/Agile and/ or Traditional project methodologies
* Utilize proper software to maintain project records, such as a PPM system, MS Project, MS Office, SharePoint, or Visio.
* Demonstrated experience in presenting to management and project teams
* Demonstrated track record of leading development efforts through cross-functional teams
* Project Management Certification
* Certified Scrum Master Certification
* Experienced in the delivery of projects in an agile environment
You are encouraged to learn and share ideas when you join the OneSource Virtual team. We reward innovative thinking, fresh perspectives, creative collaboration, and hard work. As an organization experiencing routine strategic growth, we are always on the lookout for intelligent, talented, and forward-thinking professionals to join our team. OSV employees enjoy a values-based culture, upward mobility, and professional development with opportunities of all kinds.