Plano, TX or New York, NY locations
Who are we?
SDL is the global leader and innovator in language and content management technology and services. We enable companies to create meaningful digital journeys and form important emotional connections with their global customers by powering the creation, translation and delivery of relevant, personalized content to make understanding possible. We are a dynamic, collaborative and globally diverse team, working together to completely transform how the world communicates and connects with one another through content. If you like making an impact, helping others, taking a fresh look at processes and tools, furthering an open an innovative culture and tend to generally look at even the smallest task in the context of how it impacts the overall organization - we should talk!
What is the role?
The role of Project Manager is to manage all assigned projects in the most efficient manner possible in order to ensure client retention, satisfaction and ultimately repeat revenue growth.
As the main point of contact for their clients, the ideal candidate must proactively use effective written and verbal communication to ensure that project teams understand the scope, complexity and expectations, and that the clients are kept fully informed as to the progress, position and financial status of their projects.
* Delivery of projects to client's expectations achieving targeted levels of profitability.
* Analysis of files using translation memory tools.
* Compiling estimates and proposals for approval.
* Assignment of appropriate translation teams, rate negotiation and deadline coordination with translators, typesetters, engineers, in-country client reviewers, etc.
* Adhering to the LQI sales process and SDL project processes.
* Close financial monitoring and control of projects through budgets, invoicing and change orders to ensure timely and final invoicing.
* Strategic project planning involving best methodologies, processes, and risk assessments.
* Accurate documentation and filing of all project related materials.
* Identification and development of project/process improvement opportunities and escalating to Program Manager.
* Hosting regular, documented verbal and written communications with clients, Network Offices and internal team members.
* Degree in either Translation Project Management, Computer Science or a business-related area or equivalent work experience
* At least 2 years of project management/coordinator experience with in localization
* At least 2 years of budget management experience
* Experience growing accounts
* Good written/verbal communication and presentation skills
* Customer service experience
* Ambitious and with a desire to learn and progress
* Analytical and organized problem solving abilities
* Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
* Adaptable and flexible to a changing work environment
* Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat, html, xml)
* Experience in the use of CAT tools (including translation memories, content management, glossary and file management tools)
* Ahhmazing benefits. (Seriously.)
* Infinite training, professional development and personal growth opportunities
* The rare opportunity to impact how organizations communicate globally. There's a reason we work with 78 of the top 100 brands.
* Smart, engaged co-workers, a culture of innovation and opportunity.
* Casual dress, flexible work schedule / environment
SDL is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will be evaluated for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran, and disability status. For more information about EEO/AAP legislation please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Should you require assistance in completing your application, please contact email@example.com for accommodation.
SDL plc specializes in language translation technology, services and content management.