Texans Credit Union is embarking on big changes and is seeking a Project Manager! We're implementing new technology solutions enabling us to better serve our member owners. If you're passionate about technology and want to be part of a purpose-driven organization, this is an exciting opportunity to provide real value and help shape the future of financial services for all Texans. Experience with the Jack Henry Symitar system is a plus!!
The Project Manager will support medium to large-sized projects including new software implementations, upgrades and conversions inside IT and across the credit union and will work with business leaders and stakeholders to prioritize and evaluate projects, set expectations and drive the development and process improvements to meet business needs.
Major Duties and Essential Functions:
* Manages business analysts and other project manager(s), coaches, and develops staff; manages and conducts performance reviews on direct reports.
* Oversees multiple Enterprise and IT projects of varying size and complexity. Plans, executes, and finalizes projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes defining scope, developing project timelines, identifying resources, coordinating the efforts of project team members, vendors and consultants and providing oversight and quality control throughout the project life cycle.
* Demonstrates sound judgment, critical thinking skills, leadership and a sense of urgency.
* Effectively communicates project expectations and dependencies and updates to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion and conducts scheduled project status meetings.
* Assures goals, objectives, budget and quality standards for all projects are met and prepares regular status reporting. Proactively manages changes in the project scope, identify potential risks and devise methods for mitigation. Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
* Maintains excellent internal service to all end user departments. Works cross functionally within the IT department and all internal credit union departments as well.
* Assists in the evaluation of end user department needs to improve productivity and efficiencies and proactively looks for ways to assist the end user departments with system enhancements and system utilization.
* Manages hiring, training, directing work, scheduling, and resolving problems.
* Completes vendor management activities for assigned vendors.
* Analyzes current and new project management/governance processes and procedures to identify the most efficient and inexpensive ways to complete projects to meet stakeholder objectives.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Positions directly supervised: Project Manager(s), Business Analyst(s),
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position:
* Experience leading and managing technology teams in the delivery of business outcomes
* Understands how to communicate difficult and sensitive information tactfully.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate across various levels of management.
* Ability to analyze issues, and make key decisions regarding progression of the projects consistent with credit union policies with minimal direct management.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and influence in a matrixed organization, developing partnerships with many business and technology functional areas outside of direct reporting teams.
* Ability to establish a vision based on user feedback and technology developments and then executing to achieve vision.
* Knowledge and experience working with and supporting business areas.
* Strong analytic acumen, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
* Demonstrated ability to assimilate information and synthesize action plans.
* Understanding of the system development life cycle process (SDLC).
* Strong presentation skills.
Experience: Management experience required. 6+ years of Project Management experience. Knowledge of the financial industry. PM certification preferred. Should be proficient using Microsoft Office applications, including: Outlook, Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. 5+ years of experience in the financial industry preferred. Information technology background required with an understanding of application development, systems and network infrastructure.
Education: College degree or working equivalent
Please Note: Eligible candidates must be able to successfully pass a credit check, background check and drug screen.