Brookfield Asset Management Inc. ("Brookfield") is a global alternative asset manager with over $350 billion in assets under management. Brookfield has over a 120-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. Brookfield offers a range of public and private investment products and services, which leverage their expertise and experience and provide a distinct competitive advantage in the markets in which they operate. Brookfield is co-listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges under the symbols BAM and BAM.A, respectively, and on the NYSE Euronext under the symbol BAMA. For more information, please visit our web site at www.brookfield.com.
The Technology Group and Human Resources Services are internal functions providing global operations and business supports across Brookfield Asset Management business segments.
The Project Manager will be reporting into the Portfolio Lead, Solutions and Delivery and will be responsible for project delivery activities for Brookfield clients to improve and extend services.
* Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management
* Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
* Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project
* Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
* Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly)
* Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
* Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
* Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for funders as outlined in funding agreements
* Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
* Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
* Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
* Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
* Execute the project according to the project plan
* Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders, including appropriate staff in the organization, on the progress of the project
* Write reports on the project for management and for funders
* Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements
* Bachelor's degree in Business Management or related discipline preferred
* Minimum 7-10 years' experience in IT Project Management execution (experience in all/most knowledge areas: scope, time, cost, quality, HR, communications, risk, procurement, and integration management)
* Process Improvement Methodology certification considered an asset
* Vendor Management experience considered an asset
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, Simple Accounting, Knowledge of SharePoint
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); motivation and persuasion skills
* Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Experience in data center technology initiatives Knowledge of Network technologies relating to WAN, LAN, VoIP and/or Video (Network Transformation - Intermediate PM)
* Experience in business Merger and Acquisition activities from a technology perspective
* Outcome/deliverable-focused orientation with a bias for action; disciplined scope, time, and cost management
* Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of management and staff
* Ability to train/mentor/coach non-project managers in the area of project management and governance
* Ability to work effectively both independently and in team environments; considering multiple points of view and managing conflicts
Brookfield welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.