Under direction of the Alion task/contract manager and/or customer, manages multiple projects with full execution responsibility, anticipating and meeting customer needs; directs the tactical activities of the projects including, but not limited to, engineering, finance and operations.
Represents the project as prime internal and external contact. Conducts briefings and technical meetings for senior customer management. Interacts with peer managers concerning matters of significance.
Exerts influence in developing overall project objectives to ensure that projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
Ensures adherence to Alion administrative policies and procedures, human resource policies and practices as applicable, and contracts administration procedures that support the programs of Alion, and ensures that the contract is administered to protect Alion's interest and comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Directs efforts to improve the quality and efficiency of the Alion team through training and development programs in both technical and scientific disciplines.
Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The following experience attributes are highly preferred:
Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or Systems Engineering and 8 plus years' experience in project/program development. Master's preferred. Under special circumstances we will substitute 15 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
* Ability to work and provide leadership in a matrix organization environment where software developers, technical analysts and other team members are provided as resources from a different part of the organization.
* Strong familiarity and/or demonstrated ability to execute both Waterfall and Agile software development processes. Experience helping organizations to transition to Agile concepts is highly desired.
* Comfortable with the entire software and system development lifecycle, to include operations and sustainment of legacy systems, modernization of legacy systems into modern languages and technology platforms, and new development of IT infrastructure and mission systems/applications.
* Familiar with cloud concepts, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), cloud architectures, and migration of systems and applications to the cloud is preferred but not required. Experience with Amazon Web Service (AWS) is highly desired.
* Knowledge of data architectures and concepts related to data warehousing/data lakes is preferred.
* Ability to be effective on site with a customer program team.
* Familiar with concepts related to Portfolio Management (PfM), Governance and Investment Control.
* Knowledge and experience with Business system programs, to include IT, financial, ERP and other data-driven systems.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Effective organizational skills.
* An active DOD Secret security clearance is required.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information
U.S. Citizenship Required.