The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and completion of projects, keeping them on time and within budget and scope, in line with the organization's initiatives and strategies. They are responsible for directing and coordinating activities of designated projects to project teams to ensure that goals or objectives are accomplished. They are responsible for communicating all project elements, including timelines and tracking project tasks that support status reports shared with business management.
Key Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned as necessary):
Oversees the design, development, and implementation phases of the project, coordinating with the project team and other areas of the company.
* Identifies and manages overall project dependencies and ensures project deliverables stay on-time, on-target and on-budget.
* Monitors, communicates, and reports project progress to management, project team and other stakeholders.
* Reviews project objectives and works with project team to determine and develop project scope, project timeline, budget requirements, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
* Holds regular meetings with project team to track duties and responsibilities, adhere to project plan, and manage risks/issues as they arise.
* Manages project document repository.
* Facilitates the Request For Proposal process.
* Conducts risk mitigation analysis with project team(s).
* Coordinates change control/management activities.
* Conducts project close activities (lessons learned).
* Contributes to the overall growth and direction of the Project Management Team.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Strong organizational skills.
* Speaks clearly and accurately in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification.
* Writes clearly and informatively.
* Time management; uses time efficiently.
* Problem solving.
* Change management.
* Delegates work assignments and sets expectations; monitors activities.
* Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* High school diploma or equivalent
* One or two years of related Project Management experience
* Project Management training
* Familiarity with project management software (i.e., Microsoft Project, Visio, SharePoint; or equivalent).
* Previous experience in Optical industry.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate; or corresponding training courses
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer of minorities, women, protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.