Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce, we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is currently seeking a Project Manager 2 to join our team of diverse professionals in Herndon or McLean, Virginia. The selected candidate will become a part of our sector Engineering and Technical Talent team, leading the Technology Services (TS) Pathways program.
Pathways is a rotational program for our entry-level engineering talent (0-3 years of experience). This program, currently consisting of approximately 120 engineers, focuses on their technical, professional, and career development. It consists of 3 year-long rotations, one-on-one mentoring, technical training, and enrichment experiences. The position is assisted by a junior employee with Human Resources (HR) and technical experience.
* Collaborates with Talent Acquisition (TA) during the recruitment and hiring process.
* Manages all program processes, documentation, web sites, tools, and communication.
* Oversees the Pathways Rotation Councils and other means of ensuring suitable rotation experiences.
* Supports and mentors the Rotation Managers as they provide on-site supervision to the program participants.
* Formally manages the Pathways participants, collaborating with their on-site Rotation Managers.
* Oversees the technical and professional development of the participants.
* Must have one of the following:
* Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 10 years of experience
* Master's degree with a minimum of 8 years of experience.
* Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
* Minimum of 3 years' experience leading staff in accomplishing assigned tasks.
* Minimum of 3 years' experience developing technical staff.
* Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing, and improving project and organizational processes.
* Experience in collaborating across a large organization such as a division or sector.
* Project Management experience.
* Engineering Functional Management experience.
* Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) degree.
* Engineering experience.
* Agile experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.