The Project Management Office (PMO) at HarperCollins Publishers is actively seeking a strong, highly skilled Project Manager to be accountable for the planning, execution and delivery of medium-to-large scale business and technology projects during their lifecycle. The Project Manager will also partner with Solutions Management to strategize and solution business needs for these projects, as well as take on efforts directly with the business and technical team/s to meet the needs of the larger Organization. The Project Manager will work to ensure that the business's goals and objectives are managed efficiently in accordance with the standards set by the PMO and HarperCollins Publishers. The PMO falls within the IT Organization and this position reports directly to the Associate Director, PMO.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
* Managing medium-to-large size projects
* Driving all aspects of a project - from Initiation to Close
* Collaborating with team members of multiple skill sets and areas of focus across the Organization to ensure all elements of a project are in order
* Ensuring that meetings are scheduled, timely, goal-oriented, and outputs documented
* Setting up processes to support and guide project teams on project management best practices
* Preparing project status reports and other reporting as required by the PMO
* 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager, or related work experience, managing cross-functional, cross-disciplinary medium-to-large size projects
* Ability to work independently, as well as in group settings, and drive projects with teams onsite and remotely across multiple geographic regions and time zones
* Ability to quickly learn business processes (publishing, marketing, media production, financial ops)
* Comfortable presenting to teams, project stakeholders, and sponsors to articulately deliver complex ideas - and translate technical concepts into non-technical terms
* Knowledge of Waterfall, Agile, and/or Kanban, alongside other appropriate best practice project management methodologies
* Working knowledge of MS Product Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong time management and organizational skills
* Self-motivated, positive attitude, and high-energy, with a willingness to accept varied assignments
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Knowledge and/or background of the Publishing Industry, preferred
* Experience managing projects involving infrastructure, data migration, systems integrations, and frontend/backend applications, preferred
* Knowledge of Project Management Software (such as MS Project), preferred
* Experience using web-based project management tools (i.e. Jira) and web-based document sharing sites (such as Confluence, O365, and SharePoint), a plus
* Ability to grasp the "big picture" beyond the project lifecycle
* Ability to wear "many hats", i.e. performing multiple roles, as needed, inside and outside of a project setting to execute the needs of the business - while adhering to the standards set by the PMO and functions/methodologies thereof
* Ability to quickly understand and interpret business needs
* Ability to breakdown business problems analytically and clearly articulate/present defined solutions
* Willingness to travel, dependent upon Business needs
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That's why cover letters are strongly preferred.
Please note that HarperCollins Publishers does not accept resumes from agencies unless our Human Resources department has authorized in writing a specific agency to submit resumes for a specific position. Therefore, if an agency submits a resume without Human Resources' prior written approval to do so, the individual identified on that resume will not be considered a candidate presented by your company.
HarperCollins Publishers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Harpercollins Publishers
HarperCollins publishes consumer books.