QinetiQ North America delivers world-class technology and revolutionary products to defense, security and commercial markets worldwide. Our offerings range from survivability and unmanned systems to power, controls, sensors and transportation solutions. Customers rely on our products to increase readiness, improve mission effectiveness, streamline operations, increase situational awareness and enhance security. At QinetiQ-NA, you'll find a dedicated and talented team of people who enjoy their work and take pride in their accomplishments. As a member of our team,you'll work with cutting-edge technology and some of the industry's most brilliant minds. We offer a comprehensive, flexible benefit package including tuition assistance and career development opportunities. If you're interested in working for a technology-driven company that is the leader in its industry...but one that maintains the fast-paced, creative environment of a start-up...QinetiQ-NA is the right place for you QinetiQ North America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or gender identity.NOTE:U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident Status is required.
The Project Manager (PM) will support the QNA Land Systems business areas on new and ongoing development, production, and lifecycle programs and proposals. This individual will be responsible for overseeing/managing the design, development, manufacturing, test and installation activities for internal and external (commercial and Department of Defense) projects. PM responsibilities include initiating projects by directly working with customer/sponsors to define top level scope and overall objectives, reviewing customer requirements, defining Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), estimating durations/costs, developing schedules and critical path analysis, and managing/reporting overall performance to plan. The PM will lead a team to execute planned tasks to deliver specific scope, on time and on budget. On larger programs, this individual may support a Program Manager as needed by directing teams, updating costs and schedules. The individual will be expected to use his/her skills and knowledge to identify issues as they occur and provide direction to maintain scope, cost and schedule performance.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
* Responsible for program or project performance.
* Monitor and control performance using techniques such as earned value management.
* Serve as the primary interface with program or project (internal/external) customers.
* Lead development of schedules and budgets using WBS, critical path and estimation techniques.
* Communicate weekly plans to the program/ project team; direct program/project team and provide guidance to mitigate risk and solve problems.
* Manage and lead proposal development efforts.
* 3 to 10 years as a project manager or technical lead on technical development programs/projects.
* BS Engineering, BS Business or related field.
* MS Project - Must have hands on experience.
* Excellent People Skills - Must be capable of leading a team of technical personnel, managing conflict resolution and managing customer expectations to assure the customer's needs are met without incurring scope growth.
* Scope/Requirements Analysis - Must be capable of working with a customer to translate the customer's wants and needs into top level scope and requirements.
* Estimation - Must be capable of working with Subject Matter Experts to develop estimates for duration and cost.
* Schedule/Budgets - Must be capable of developing a WBS and translating that to a Microsoft Project schedule and able to develop budgets for all work packages in the WBS.
* Program Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
* Leadership and experience working on DOD acquisition programs.
* Experience with EMD, LRIP and/or production programs
* Experience writing DoD proposals