Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 200,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education and NGO, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open source, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our engineering team. That's where you come in.
Engineering at Pantheon operates in small mission-focused teams that are tasked with large business problems and armed with a fully capable set of engineering skills. They dig in, understand the problem and find the optimal path to success. You'll have the opportunity to contribute at all levels of the stack -- and we mean the kernel tweaking to feature design kind of full-stack.
We've got depth and breadth across the technologies we use to run the Pantheon platform at scale. You'll have many opportunities to pick up and apply new skills and gain professional experience with some of our existing use of Cassandra, MySQL, Redis, React, Node.js, Python, Golang, C, Chef, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, CircleCI, and more.
Part Project Manager, part Scrum Master, and part Agile coach, you will be deeply involved in the day-to-day progress of our product initiatives, as well as, influence our evolving process as we achieve constant incremental improvements. You will ensure execution across the engineering teams by proactively curating a healthy process, identifying resourcing and scheduling risks, and helping the team manage planned and unplanned work. This role requires the discipline and communication to coordinate and facilitate feedback loops, between Product and Engineering, between our local and remote team members, as well as, between multiple departments.
Pantheon's core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. At Pantheon, we work hard and play harder, valuing individuality, humor, and balance. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
Cool Stuff You'll Do
* Act as Scrum Master for two of Pantheon's four engineering sub-teams, ensuring teams are leveraging best-practices and developing functional practices that are compatible with the broader group
* Work with engineering team members and product managers to ensure their planning and resourcing is on track
* Collaborate with Product and Engineering Management to maximize product initiatives and effect process evolutions
* Compile reports to provide quantitative metrics around our internal Service Level Agreements (i.e. Escalations are handled within 24hrs, Major bugs are started next sprint, 20% of engineering work is allocated to defects and bugs).
* Follow-through on engineering tasks that require external, cross-functional or interdepartmental hand-offs like feature releases and product launches
* Evangelize and coach agile practices across the product engineering teams, including organizing quarterly training, identifying strategic incremental improvements
* Organizing quarterly agile/Scrum training with Product and Engineering team members
* Determining which part of the Scrum cycle currently contains the most friction, and developing an action plan with Product and Engineering management to address
* Coordinating around upcoming feature launches and raising unseen risks
* Improve processes, including documenting, socialized and encoding in JIRA if applicable
* Updating JIRA to accommodate the creation of a new team as we grow
What You Bring to the Table
* 3+ yrs project management experience
* Proficient in JIRA administration
* A grasp of agile first-principles and latest practices
* BA/BS or equivalent
Bonus Points for
* Having decided to use JIRA after struggling through several other tools
* Worked with a complex and highly technical product
What We Offer
* Fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team
* Unlimited vacation
* Dog-friendly office (HQ)
* Maternity and paternity leave
* Monthly gym and book allowance
* Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
* Fully loaded kitchen and daily catered lunches (HQ, NY, MN)
* Discounts on custom bicycles (the founders of Pantheon also founded Mission Bicycle)
* Pantheon recently closed its Series D funding ($40m) <link>
* Pantheon is one of America's Best Workplaces of 2018 <link>
* Pantheon earns Top 10 Ranking in "Best Software Awards" by G2 Crowd <link>
* Pantheon actively sponsors programs like the Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC 19) <link>
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Pantheon is a website management platform for Drupal & WordPress sites.