Epsilon Systems Solutions
Epsilon Systems Partners is seeking a full time contingent Project Manager in San Diego, CA.
Job Summary: Responsible for sound program management (i.e. technical/performance, financial, schedule, risk, contractual, administrative) in the area of TDL systems design, implementation and interoperability testing. Provides overall direction of program activities. Consults with the customer to ensure conformity to contractual obligations, establishes and maintains technical and financial reports to show progress of projects to Epsilon management and government customers. Organizes and assigns responsibilities to subordinates while overseeing successful completion of all assigned tasks.
* Directs and regularly evaluates performance of assigned program tasks in terms of quality, cost control, and achievement of technical, schedule, performance and contractual objective to ensure work results meets customer requirements.
* Ensures all contract deliverables are of high quality and delivered on time.
* Serves as primary point of contact for information to and from the customer.
* Serves as technical point of contact for Epsilons subcontractors.
* Manages personnel including hiring, training, performance reviews and related personnel management functions for junior project managers and direct report employees.
* Plans, directs and monitors assigned project budgets including the review and approval of all associated invoices.
* Strives to increase business opportunities.
* Understands and develops business proposals, financial performance reports, contract required reports and documents.
* Implements and executes program information management systems and controls to carry out program tasks.
* Determines work schedules, prioritizes tasks, and implements procedures for performing work activities.
* Sets-up, coordinates, and prepares materials for meetings and reviews, to include program management reviews, contract status reviews, technical reviews, lifecycle management reviews.
* Makes presentations for meetings and reviews.
* Keeps upper management informed regarding assigned projects status and any technical, cost, schedule, or administrative problems within assigned programs.
* Provides recommendations on process changes.
* Masters Degree in an engineering or business discipline desired
* Minimum 8 years of direct supervision of Tactical Data Link (TDL) systems covering engineering, architecture, design, development, integration, test, experimentation, implementation and support of TDL in support of military operations dealing with Joint, Navy, Marine Corps, Army, Air Force, civil and non-government components and capabilities
* Capable of leading projects that involve the successful management of teams composed of system obsolesce engineering, analyst, technicians design, integration, testing, documenting and drawing development
* Comprehensive working knowledge gained through either military operational experience or extensive test experience of current Tactical Command, Control , Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4ISR) systems including Link-11, Link-16, Link-22, Joint Rang Extension application Protocol (JREAP) A/C, Satellite (SAT) Tactical Data Link-16 (SAT-J) and Over-the-Horizon-Targeting (OTH-T).
* Experience in the management of Government services contracts in such areas as program planning, work/delivery management, monitoring and reporting, and program coordination and scheduling.
* Familiarity with Government rules, regulation and administrative process familiarity, including Government contract reporting requirements
* Familiarity with US Navy, to include System and Type Commanders, Regional Maintenance Centers, Naval Warfare Centers
* Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft Project and other project management tools and software
* Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
* Knowledgeable in program management principles and demonstrated program management capabilities
* Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
* Ability to create and maintain positive working relationships
* Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
* Possess and maintain a SECRET security clearance
* Masters in Business Administration preferred or ten (10) years equivalent training and/or experience.
* Experience in developing/managing subcontract support is highly desired.
* Current Project Management Institute awarded certification in one of the following areas: Project Management Professional, Portfolio Management Professional, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, or Program Management Professional
* Active Duty and Government Service US Navy experience
* Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk and may occasionally lift and move 25 pounds
* Ability to travel by car, air or other means of transportation
* Ability to climb aboard ships and military vessels, if required
* Typical office environment
Epsilon Systems Partners, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.
About Epsilon Systems Solutions
Epsilon Systems Solutions is a diversified professional and technical services company.