Job Description Serco Inc. is looking to fill a full time Training Project Manager/Developer position to work onsite in a Federal agency located in Washington, DC. The roles and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
Project Manager Activities
* Coordinating with the agency to determine and clarify the support needs.
* Requesting, orienting, assigning, scheduling, and monitoring the performance of new contractor support staff and ensures training of all contractor staff according to the agency's methods, procedures, and standards.
* Providing feedback to the contractor support staff (both on-site and off-site), based on her/his observations and input from agency managerial staff.
* Reviewing project work products and deliverables to ensure for quality assurance.
* Manages annual project and travel budget and projects hours, budget, and additional contract staff need for future commitments.
* Developing weekly and/or monthly work plans and modifying the plans, as needed; developing and documenting plans and processes for on-going routine support activities; highlighting project steps and status for daily and weekly meetings with customer.
* Attends meetings and makes presentations about project account and financial status and work commitments.
* Provides direction on IT projects from inception through completion and to provide technical and managerial assistance on all aspects of project management to comply with the technical requirements of the contract for the agency.
* Troubleshoots technical problems and takes corrective action.
Training Developer Activities
* Managing the training development and delivery lifecycle, from planning, assessing, designing, developing, implementing/facilitating, and evaluating of agency courses and programs.
* Updating and maintaining the quality of agency internal courses.
* Managing the development of online instructional modules based on existing and/or newly-introduced IT products through all stages: software testing, storyboards, capture, module development, script assistance, voice over recording, publishing, and more.
* Creating training manuals, quick reference user guides and job aids based on existing and/or newly-introduced IT products or procedures, following specific guidelines and formatting rules for uniformity and consistency.
Requires a Bachelor's degree or at least 8 years of related experience. The Training Project Manager/Developer must have a minimum of four years specialized experience:
1) working as a project manager/leader (managing staff),
2) information technology and computer skills with the ability to create, apply knowledge, and instruct various software applications; and
3) experience using authoring and delivery tools such as Adobe Connect and various software applications.
Proven ability to adapt to new and emerging technology with a high level of interpersonal and customer relations skills. Position is an on-site embedded position with Customer in Washington, D.C.
Required Skills Requires a Bachelor's degree Minimum of 4 years experience
Employment Type Full time
Career Level Mid Career
Job ID 52715207
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. federal civilian agencies, the intelligence community, the Government of Canada, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco has approximately 6,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset, and our success directly relates to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco's people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. We trust our people to deliver. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional AreaLearning & Human Capital Management
DepartmentSerco's Federal Services business unit provides services in the areas of business processing, case management, intelligence, logistics, personnel readiness, acquisition and program management, modelling, and simulation and training to Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. We understand the often complex regulatory and security requirements of executing government programs and we stand up programs quickly, assembling and training highly qualified teams, and delivering to well-defined service level metrics.