Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic, high-tech Company based in Seattle. Amazon's finance team is searching for bar-raising accounting professionals who consistently exceed expectations, who thrive in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team.
This position supports and can directly influence the launches of some of Amazon's newest global business initiatives in the consumer products, digital initiatives, merchant, operations, logistics, payments, and cloud computing lines of business. This leader will work closely with the global financial systems team, accounting operations teams, tax, treasury, and others and represent the accounting organization to various stakeholders. In addition, the project launch manager is a member of a project team which partners with our operational accounting and business finance groups in developing strategic solutions to support our high growth rate through launch methodology design and training, creation of accounting tools used to support new launches and design inputs to longer-term platform development.
Candidates will work in a fast-paced environment, manage through ambiguity and complexity whilst supporting multiple, simultaneous project launches impacting the global accounting organization. This position is expected to have sufficient finance/accounting experience to help the new business launch team identify and incorporate necessary reporting, have a solid understanding of computing system interaction and can identify internal control elements into systems or tools to support new business activities. This role requires excellent communication and organization skills, including the ability to anticipate, identify and communicate risks to senior leadership.
Successful candidates for this manager level positon will have a minimum of six years professional experience in similar positions in larger public companies or public accounting firm. Candidate experience should cover financial processes, project management, accounting requirements documentation, process design, and user acceptance testing responsibilities. Demonstrated experience in leading teams to accomplish unusually complex challenges will be expected as this is an ongoing requirement for this position.
Job responsibilities will include:
* Working independently to lead and develop a team of analysts to provide project support and assistance to support and assist Amazon's business and development teams with the design of new products or offerings and set-up of financial systems to ensure appropriate business support and controllership.
* Responsibility for delivery of complex cross functional projects
* Prioritize work for a team of analysts, monitoring quality to ensure standards are maintained.
* Identifying and communicating project risks to senior leadership, along with clear recommendations for resolution or mitigation.
* Have direct responsibility and ownership in executing large scale process improvement opportunities within new business launches and existing processes and controls, including defining scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with senior leadership and stakeholders.
* Identify, develop and transition new processes to support month-end general ledger close activities, monthly account reconciliations and reviews, and preparation of various deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting needs.
* Coordinate with the global accounting teams to establish and maintain strong communication channels.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.