Working under the general direction of the Director Software and Systems Engineering, the Systems Project Engineer serves on Shure's product development teams and develops and formalizes the generation, flowdown, and documentation of system level requirements across several disciplines including systems architecture, electronics, mechanical and software design. Working with product development teams, the Systems Engineer will assist engineers and Project Managers by establishing requirements with tools and processes to meet quality, cost and on-time delivery requirements of Shure products.
* Supports the development and maintenance of the Systems Engineering process.
* Configures requirements to support needs of product development teams.
* Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system and requirement weaknesses and influences shaping of requirements for future products.
* Identifies new tools when existing tools do not meet the stakeholder needs.
* Supports engineers on multiple teams with managing, capturing, and creating requirements.
* Generates requirements related documentation for system and sub-system specifications, as well as individual component specifications
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering or related discipline. Graduate coursework is desirable.
* Engineering design experience in one or more of the following engineering disciplines--software development, electronics design, mechanical engineering, or systems/subsystems architecture.
* Minimum of 8 years of experience in system and sub-system requirements generation and flowdown using requirements management tools such as DOORs, CaliberRM, or similar tools.
* Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
* Experience in System modeling and simulation desirable.
* Demonstrated ability of working on complex assignments where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
* Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* Proven ability to work effectively within a team environment as a technical leader.
* Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills including experience in developing and delivering technical information in presentations.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.