Primary Location: Rosslyn, VA
Security Clearance: Active TOP SECRET and must be eligible for SCI access
Must be a U.S. citizen
The Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS) is the security and law enforcement arm of the U.S. Department of State (the Department). DS is a world leader in international investigations, threat analysis, cyber security, counterterrorism, security technology, and protection of people, property, and information. Its primary mission is to provide a safe and secure environment for the conduct of U.S. foreign policy. The Office of Security Technology (ST) supports the DS mission through the application and use of appropriate technical security countermeasures.
* Strategically coordinates, plans, and schedules adequate professional services employees to specific projects; works with Project Management team to identify and assign available resources based on needed expertise.
* Proactively consults with Project Managers or Design Engineers to comprehend project scope of work and required disciplines to perform tasks; advanced communication skills required.
* Develops organizational operational documents and procedures including field installation manuals, deployment plans, training plans, and SOPs.
* Strategically coordinates, plans, schedules and replenishes team tools and equipment to meet the installation team needs on specific projects.
* Prepares, maintains and submits performance reports and time recording/expense reports in accordance with published procedures.
* Provides input to the development of resource staffing needs; collaborates with management and subject matter experts to identify skill trends in the future to prepare for hiring needs.
* Uses sound judgment, applies general business principles, and demonstrates initiative in carrying out assigned duties; requires minimum supervision.
* Executes, tracks, and reports on the status of the bill of materiel requisitions and shipments. Possesses strong project management skills; may independently identify the type of technical and business resources needed, assembling teams that are both qualified to perform the work and financially aligned with project budget and schedule plans.
* Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills
* Must have knowledge of and experience with PMBOK methodologies, including Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling, and Closing.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Project, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Experience and Education
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
* Must have 3+ years in a Federal program managing the enterprise schedule for a system integration program or product delivery program.
* 10 - 20%
* Required to travel OCONUS to conduct installation, training or maintenance at diplomatic facilities.
* OCONUS travel may include critical threat locations around the world with austere living conditions.
* Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Obsidian Solutions Group (OSG) is a diversified consulting and technology company providing flexible and responsive solutions to federal, state, and local agencies and organizations. Our core domains are overseas and domestic mission support operations, collection/analysis/identification, and information technology. Obsidian Solutions Group is comprised of strategic and operational personnel who provide its clients deep domain expertise across a comprehensive spectrum of skill sets, allowing mission accomplishment and development of long-term capabilities.
Obsidian Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, any other non-merit factor, or any other characteristic protected by law.