At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From planning and consulting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist public and private sector clients in achieving the goals of their communities around the globe.
We are seeking a Project Controls Specialist to work in our successful Waterfront business operations in the Northeastern US. This role will support and develop accurate cost control and schedule information, including but not limited to performance data, cost forecasts, and forward-looking advice to project managers in order to support project objectives.
The Project Controls Specialist will join a dedicated team of specialists to share best practices and make meaningful contributions to project and client success.
Your Key Responsibilities
The successful Project Controls Specialist has good business awareness and acumen. They have passion for thought leadership and a core competency in project management fundamentals, with a desire to optimize project performance against scope, cost, and schedule metrics.
* Excellent communication skills: verbal, business writing, electronic communications and presentations
* Ability to work on several projects or tasks during any given day on a consistent basis
* Business awareness and acumen: sound knowledge of project costs, time and resource availability
* Strong problem solving skills and ability to make timely decisions
* Implement established project control processes and procedures for project execution, including, but not limited to, earned value management, and management of change
* Support development of project execution plans and project control plans, and liaising with the project manager and the client to establish a robust project control and reporting methodology at project inception
* Support the preparation of baseline controls, budgets, and resource-loaded schedules in conjunction with project team members when required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
* Minimum 5 years' relevant experience in project controls, preferably for engineering projects.
* Bachelor's or master's degree business administration or engineering.Proficiency in project monitoring and controls software (Excel, Microsoft Project, Primavera P6, etc).
* Project Management Professional (PMP) credential is a plus.
* Experience in organizing, planning, and executing tasks to support projects from pursuit through execution and closeout.
* Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving and risk management.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to obtain access to controlled sites.
* Travel to other offices as well as to project sites is required.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Controls Professional
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Burlington
Other Locations: United States-Maine-Scarborough, United States-New Hampshire-Auburn
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190001XW
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.