Brookhaven National Laboratory is a multipurpose research institution funded primarily by the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Science. Located on the center of Long Island, New York, Brookhaven Lab brings world-class facilities and expertise to the most exciting and important questions in basic and applied science-from the birth of our universe to the sustainable energy technology of tomorrow. We operate cutting-edge large-scale facilities for studies in physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, applied science, and a wide range of advanced technologies. The Laboratory's almost 3,000 scientists, engineers, and support staff are joined each year by more than 4,000 visiting researchers from around the world. Our award-winning history, including seven Nobel Prizes, stretches back to 1947, and we continue to unravel mysteries from the nanoscale to the cosmic scale, and everything in between. Brookhaven is operated and managed by Brookhaven Science Associates, which was founded by the Research Foundation for the State University of New York on behalf of Stony Brook University, and Battelle, a nonprofit applied science and technology organization.
The mission of the Project Management Center is to provide the Laboratory with a Project Management process and system that will lead to achieving outstanding project management capability and foster an on-going process of sizing Project Management methodology implementing a graded approach that optimally aligns resources and methodology to achieve our management goals of successfully completing projects on time and within budget.
Candidate will report to the Project Management Center Manager and will implement cost and schedule project planning and control functions for large/complex scientific construction projects and smaller Research and Development projects. The project management/controls experience should be in the earliest stages of project planning through execution and closeout phases of a project. Selected candidate will draw upon an advanced understanding of project scheduling and cost estimating methods, project control principles, and hands-on experience with Primavera to successfully manage work, resources, and dollars using project controls tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Implement all aspects of an earned value management system, which consists of developing a fully integrated resource loaded schedule
* Assist technical management in developing resource requirements to support the development of the project cost estimate
* Development of the resource loaded schedule using Primavera P6 software.
* Analysis of the project schedule using critical path methodology and project metrics
* Manage and implement changes to the schedule and/or baseline
* Generate performance measurement monthly reports for the management team
* Analyzing and reporting/presenting project data at meetings or external reviews
* Support the deployment of new techniques and project management tools
* advise project managers/control account managers on project performance of their projects/schedule
* Support proposal preparation, procedure development and Project Management
* Training/coaching of CAMs