United States of America - Illinois, Chicago
AECOM is looking for a Project Architect for our Chicago Buildings + Places practice who is capable of leading and coordinating the design of varying differing building types. The ideal candidate should have past experience in directing the execution of multi-disciplinary teams in producing high-quality design documents.
AECOM's Buildings + Places business line is dedicated to design excellence and an integrated approach to creative problem-solving. With a range of expertise from strategy and design through project realization, the connections we make among people and places provide new insight to better outcomes for clients and communities. Better outcomes grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable and connect and engage people through relevant and innovative design solutions. Our expertise includes architecture, interiors, building engineering, workplace strategy, business transformation, asset advisory, economics and development planning, master planning, urban planning, and landscape architecture.
* Leads the project team throughout the project lifecycle and provides technical and aesthetic direction.
* Will work with internal Project Manager for tracking and reporting of project performance.
* Understands an integrated design process and can assist in the production of a delivery strategy.
* Bachelor of Architecture and 8+ years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of education/experience
* Must be a Registered Architect
* Experience in managing design projects and teams in a Project Architect or similar capacity
* Proficient in Revit, current modelling software, and graphics platforms
* Ability and willingness to mentor and coach junior staff members.
* Understands the importance of building and maintaining client relationships; expected to provide guidance and direction to client regarding design decisions.
* Innovative in the use of new technologies and processes, strives to improve team and project efficiency.
* Thorough knowledge of design codes and standards.
* Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner with all levels of internal staff.
* Skilled at breaking down complex situations or requirements into understood and manageable tasks.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Architecture and Design
Business Line Buildings & Places
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 217107BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
AECOM is an engineering company that provides design, consulting, construction, and management services to governments, businesses, and organizations.