NTTA is looking for a Senior Engineer to manage maintenance and enhancements work in customers production run lifecycle. The solutions are in the managed services, private and public cloud, network, data center and IT outsourcing areas. The person will join the service delivery organization that supports multi-tower solutions and work with various centers of excellence to ensure the expected upkeep of the solutions being delivered.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide technical leadership on all maintenance work on solutions such as patching, bug fixes, minor enhancements, etc.
* Lead, plan and coordinate releases of patches, bug fixes and minor enhancements during customer specific change windows
* Work with customers and partners to plan, track, manage and schedule deployment of maintenance projects
* Work with technical teams to ensure the work is being prioritized and executed in a timely manner with appropriate quality assurance built in
* Identify areas of improvement to meet and beat customer expectations on the service delivery
* Participate in implementation design prior to production state as required to provide guidance on post implementation success criteria
* Participate in QA/testing of implemented solution prior to go-live
* Participate in preparing plans for operational readiness and perform as a key member during the operational test runs
* Will be leading efforts with several customers who have several maintenance projects - in this regard needs to prioritize work and be able to juggle multiple workstreams efficiently and effectively
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
* At least 5 years in technical role doing hands-on work either on the infrastructure layer, the platform layer or the application layer
* At least 2 years planning, executing and deploying releases that involve combination of infrastructure, platforms and applications
* At least 2 years in infrastructure implementations and deployments
* Experience with infrastructure and platform areas of network (LAN/WAN), server platforms, storage, security, backup and DR
* Specific experience with technology platforms such as Cisco, EMC, Check Point, VMWare, Windows, Linux, SQL, etc. very desirable
* Experience working with real-time transaction processing applications highly desirable
* Experience working with a service provider of managed services highly desirable
* Experience with project management to manage scope, schedule, resources and budget very desirable
* Thorough understanding and experience with change management, overall ITIL frameworks, security policies, network configurations and application deployments
* Technical certifications in relevant areas highly desirable
* Open to being on-call to support customer maintenance windows
* Work from Herndon, VA office with ability for some travel
* Comply with all corporate and organizational security policies and guidlines
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, marital status, parental status, Pregnancy or maternity status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status or reassignment, veteran's status, political affiliation, age or disability. Or any other status protected by applicable Federal, State or local law.
NTT America is an EEO Employer- Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans.