Project and Process Manager
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Schedule: M-F, 8.30a.m. 4.30p.m Central Time, including occasional evening, early morning, and weekend work and occasional travel (5%) based on seasonal needs/position requirements
Reports to: Director of Strategic Initiatives
Direct reports: None
Start date: ASAP
Location: Chicago, IL
Everything we do is about the IES Abroad student. Our profoundly passionate team of study abroad professionals believes in creating once-in-a-lifetime educational adventures that transcend expectations. Our goal is to rock the world of some 9,500 study abroad students every year.
From our headquarters in Chicago to our 400+ study abroad programs in 85 global locations worldwide, we create authentic global education and life-affirming cultural experiences. We work at IES Abroad because we believe that every student should have the opportunity to go abroad - especially in a fun, safe, and superior academic and cultural environment.
We believe so strongly in the power of our program, that we actively recruit students from diverse populations and provide more than $5 million in scholarships year after year. We are proud that our students are as diverse and exciting as the countries we study.
We're not ashamed to admit, we're a little bit obsessed with study abroad.
Summary of position:
The Project and Process Manager will primarily support the Strategic Initiatives, Study Abroad Foundation (SAF), and the International Marketing teams by providing systems support and technical project management for Client Relationship Management (CRM), Student Information System (SIS), and other system bundles. This position will provide technical support, manage communication campaigns from a database perspective, train users domestically and internationally, perform administrative and maintenance functions, and propose technical solutions to emerging business needs. In coordination with IT, this position will also manage high-level projects on behalf of these departments, including the implementation plan for system changes or upgrades.
* Serve as a link between departments and manage development of CRM campaigns, systems testing, upgrades, administration, and configuration
* Develop, coordinate, and deploy primary systems training, including training materials, presentations, and using the "train the trainer" model for domestic and international audiences
* Manage information and databases including current reporting, developing and ensuring accurate reporting, and ongoing monitoring of data in the CRM and SIS
* Serve as a departmental resource for system maintenance and development, troubleshooting, improving system workflows, and participating in cross-departmental working groups
* Develop and implement major IT initiatives, including system changes and upgrades, while also representing the department in internal planning meeting for future systems requirements
Experience & Qualifications/Skills:
* At least 2 years' experience working with CRM and SIS software required
* Demonstrated competency in training design and the teaching/learning process required
* Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, including follow up
* Strong intercultural communication skills and interest in working on international teams
* Fluency in Mandarin and or Japanese, a plus
* 2 years' experience in the field of study abroad or related higher education background preferred
* Excellent communication skills, oral and written, and comfortable communicating with various constituents
* High level of enthusiasm, flexibility and diplomacy
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
* Strong attention to detail with the capacity to maintain accurate records
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
How to Apply:
All applicants should submit an application including cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by clicking 'Apply Now' at the right hand side of this page.
Please visit www.IESabroad.org/jobs for more information about working at IES Abroad.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Treating all people with respect is at the core of who we are.
As an equal opportunity employer, we recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), disability, age, veteran status, citizenship, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information and/or other protected status as required by applicable law.
When you join IES Abroad, you're part of a diverse community of global leaders who know that our differences in skills and backgrounds are just as important as our shared passions and mission. Surrounded by a mix of talented professionals, you find yourself wanting to come to work, and, more importantly, wanting to stay and advance our mission together.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties above are not to be considered a complete list of duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.