The IT Shared Services Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a Programmer I to join our team. The Programmer I performs entry-level computer programming work, responsible for design, development, testing, and documentation of enterprise information systems, as well as troubleshooting production problems, responding to problem tickets submitted by functional users, and updating the problem tracking system, as appropriate. Works under direct supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Develop, update, and maintain computer programs or software processes to meet specific requirements.
* Code, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, applying knowledge of system capabilities, subject matter, and logic.
* Perform revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
* Consult with managerial and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
* Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
* Conduct test runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and create detailed test plans to aid user testing.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.