University of Southern California
The University of Southern California's Institute for Creative Technologies (USC ICT) is where academia, entertainment, and the military meet. Located in the heart of Silicon Beach/Playa Vista, no other institute offers a more diverse collaborative environment where basic and applied research work hand-in-hand to transition cutting-edge technologies.
We are world leaders in virtual human research, computer graphics, computer training simulations, and immersive experiences for decision-making, cultural awareness, leadership and health. ICT Employees are encouraged to develop themselves both professionally and personally, through workshops, invited guest talks, movie nights, social events, various sports teams, a private gym and a personal trainer. The atmosphere at ICT is relaxed, informal and flexible, while encouraging initiative, personal responsibility and a high work ethic.
The Mixed Reality Lab is seeking a Programmer Developer to work on projects that involve development of augmented, virtual and mixed-reality applications to support research in next generation immersive training.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* Software development experience, including use of object oriented design, source control repositories (SVN or git), issue trackers, testing, debugging, etc.
* Software development using the Unity game engine, preferably in C#.
* Experience developing a collaborative, networked experience for users across multiple Unity clients.
* Experience developing augmented reality applications.
* Experience in computer vision, and familiarity with machine learning.
* 3D modeling, such as with Maya, 3ds Max, or Blender.
* Experience in designing and conducting human subject research.
* U.S. citizenship required.The position may require a security clearance.If so, the successful applicant must be eligible to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the time such clearance is required.Current details on security clearances can be found at: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
Why work at ICT:
* Work on exciting and engaging projects that have real-life impact.
* Small project team environment allows for involvement across entire project lifecycle.
* A quality work-life balance.
* Meet interesting people from all walks of life - technologists, social scientists, military, writers,
* Opportunities for free, top-tier university education for you and your children
* Located in the heart of Silicon Beach
* Great benefits - medical to matched retirement http://benefits.usc.edu
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined work experience and education as equivalent
Minimum Experience: 1 year, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise: Sound knowledge of programming and documentation procedures, programming methods, program flow charts and operator instructions. Knowledge of one or more appropriate computer languages.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Required Legal Notices
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:
About University of Southern California
University of Southern California is a research university.
University of Southern California