* Understand and analyze business requirements based on the review of documents (functional specifications document, technical specification documents etc) as received from client / onsite. * Participate in KT calls to understand the requirements. * Conduct reverse KT with the client / onsite or share the document detailing out the requirement or application/domain knowledge to ensure understanding on the same. * Prepare and share query log (tracker) to track queries. * Followup to ensure resolution of queries as documented in the query log. * Organize KT sessions for new team members. * Conduct training on tools (like ETL tools etc) as applicable. * Seek signoff from the client team.
Test Requirement Study:
* Participate in the requirement walkthrough session conducted by Sr Test Analyst and identify the gaps in the requirement, Seek clarification on requirements from the Test Architect if required. * Seek clarification on requirement and update the clarification tracker with the same. * Identify the preliminary test data requirements. * Provide inputs to the test lead/sr test analyst on the scope of testing, analyst effort estimate for the total volume of work, requirement analysis and clarification, test approach etc.
* Only for select projects (Simple and Small sized where there is need for 2 team members offshore to support the assignment). * Document the test plan based on the understanding of test strategy (covering project details, items under scope, items not of scope, type of testing, assumptions, dependencies, risks foreseen, entry/exit criteria) for each cycle. * Seek signoff on the test plan from the client. * Provide inputs for test plan creation including number of test scenarios and test cases used for estimation of the test cycles /schedule, dependencies etcin addition to the other dependencies from various teams like environment availability , third party interfaces and test data etc. * Provide inputs to the test lead/sr test analyst on test tool evaluation if required.
* Identify testable scenarios and create test scenario document. * Track resolutions through query log. * Seek review from the senior test analyst / test lead at offshore. * Update the requirements traceability matrix with test scenarios. * Seek sign off from client on test scenarios. * Based on sign off, identify test cases and test data. * Map the requirements to the test scenarios and test cases in QC. * Share test data requests/requirement with the test data management team.
* Based on signed off test scenarios, identify test data. * Create test cases based on the understanding of the requirements and ensure the test coverage. * If using Quality Centre (Test Management Tool), ensure follow up on the processes and rules to be followed during developments. * If using Excel, the test cases are written in such a manner that they can be uploaded on to QC for ease in reuse. * Create/Update the RTM if applicable and Query log with test cases and test data. * Modify the existing regression scenarios based on the impact of change.
Test Execution and Closure:
* Conduct smoke testing to ensure system readiness for testing. * Execute automation test scripts/manual test cases post the same. * Record and maintain testing evidences and track execution status of assigned test cases. * Share findings with the Senior Test Analyst. * Identify defects and log failures. * Track defects (defect log as generated from the QC tool) to closure. * Participate in the defect triages to gather evidence for defect identification on periodic basis for defect prioritization and fix. * Retest the defect and update the status. * Conduct acceptance testing, if required. * Track defect metrics to ensure testing effectiveness as generated by QC tool. * Track # of test cases executed as part of the daily tracker to ensure productivity. * Provide deployment and post production support if required. * Identify the test suite for execution, if required. * Provide inputs to Sr Test Analyst for test summary report.
* Participate in audit at various stages to check for adherence to Cognizant processes and guidelines.
* Create/Update Knowledge Repository /artefacts based on project/customer needs inclusive of business/ application levels requirements details in WIKI.
Cognizant is a provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services.