University of Southern California
The USC Keck School of Medicine - Alzheimer Therapeutic Research Institute (ATRI), located in San Diego, California is an academic institute comprised of an expert panel of scientific collaborators committed to advancing the development of new treatments for Alzheimer's Disease (AD) through innovative clinical trials.
ATRI is looking for a Programmer Analyst II that will assist with developing software applications using programming languages to the given design specifications. Duties include but are not limited to:
* Follow design specifications to code, test, debug, install, document, and maintain software applications.
* Develops new and enhanced functionality for software applications.
* Prepares code documentation in support of program development.
* Responsible for Interfacing with users to determine software application objectives, scope and requirements.
* Performs work of moderate complexity and handles most activities under general supervision of more experienced programming staff.
* 1+ years full-stack web development experience including front-end, back-end
* Experience with Django and the Django security models is highly preferred
* Experience writing and shipping code with a modern web application framework (preferably: AngularJS, Cassandra, React, NoSQL)
* Experience with an RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
* Experience with version control fundamentals (GIT, HG, SVN, etc.)
* Experience with Agile Project Management Tools (Atlassian - JIRA - Confluence)
* Experience with test-driven development (TDD) and Continuous Integration
* Strong understanding of fundamental web service technologies including XML, SOA, and REST is highly preferred
* Strong software integration experience
* Strong understanding of AWS
* Good taste with respect to code quality
* Passionate about performance, reliability and scalability
Position is located in San Diego, CA
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined work experience and education as equivalent
Minimum Experience: 1 year, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise: Sound knowledge of programming and documentation procedures, programming methods, program flow charts and operator instructions. Knowledge of one or more appropriate computer languages.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Required Legal Notices
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:
About University of Southern California
University of Southern California is a research university.
University of Southern California