Reporting to the Principle Investigator, the Programmer Analyst in the Quantitative Translational Imaging in Medicine lab at the Athinoula A. Martinos Center manages the online machine learning competitions as well as building software and creating public-facing web-tools. The QTI lab works broadly on quantitative and machine learning techniques in medical imaging, with a growing interest in deep learning. The focus is to bridge the gap between machine learning research and clinical practice while offering excellent opportunities to work closely with investigators and study staff to improve the standard of care for patients.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage online machine learning competitions hosted by our lab and our collaborators.
* Building software to extend our research tools to clinical users.
* Creating public-facing web-tools to exhibit our imaging research
* Point person for information technology and web development in the lab.
* Assist in managing multi-server GPU clusters and data storage devices.
* Assist members to successfully use and maintain organization on the servers.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Proficiency in Python, web programming, databases is required.
* Comfortable using Linux environments and the terminal for running jobs non-interactively.
* Well-developed organizational and analytical skills, excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
* An eagerness to learn new technologies and employ them in day-to-day usage.
Required: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred: Master's Degree
Field of Study/Additional Specialized Training: BS or MS in computer science, physics or engineering required.
* Three years experience in Linux (UNIX)-based environments is preferred.
* Three years experience in Python programming is preferred.
* Experience with relational database application development is preferred
* Experience with managing large scale databases is preferred.
* Experience with Docker and containerization technologies is preferred.
Most of your work will take place in an office environment on a computer.
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.