As a member of the Data Analytics Team, the Programmer/Analyst is responsible for supporting and developing reports, analytics and business intelligence/decision-support solutions to meet the information needs and the strategic goals of the organization. Supporting all areas of the organization, they will work with end-users and other IT team members to provide data and analysis as requested, and in appropriate presentation form. Develop solutions, including ad-hoc reports, scheduled reports, dashboards, and data warehouses as appropriate to meet the business needs of the health center. They will also build and support interfaces and internal/external file submissions. The Programmer/Analyst will work in accordance with the requirements of regulatory, governmental and internal entities. They must be able to adhere to high standards of data integrity and reporting timelines.
Essential Functions of the Job:
1. Generates reports using a variety of reporting tools, including Tableau, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Tableau and Excel spreadsheets.
2. Builds reporting solutions from start to finish, including database design, relational integrity constraints, OLAP, OLTP, cubes and normalization as required to support requests.
3. Creates and manages Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes for data using various tools including Bulk insert, Import/Export data, DTS packages and SSIS.
4. Applies critical thinking skills by interacting directly with the requesting party to develop appropriate report requirements and parameters, suggesting appropriate content fields and design where appropriate, and implementing the report criteria and analysis of said report criteria to accurately produce the requested report/recommendations.
5. Provides data sourcing methodology, resource management and performance monitoring for data acquisition.
6. Ensures reports are optimized for efficiency and negative performance on production environment is mitigated.
7. Maintains a solid working knowledge of business intelligence/decision support industry trends and best practices.
8. Develops and maintains report schedules, automates reports as necessary, manages the reports request queue and the report development process.
9. Supports and follows data governance and data standardization procedures established by the organization. Documents reports library as well as external data imports and exports.
10. Provides external data submission including health plan and 3rd party reporting.
11. Documents business requirements in the form of specifications (functional and technical specifications), validates accuracy and obtains necessary input and approval.
12. Supports the development of the enterprise data warehouse.
13. Develops methods of efficiently delivering data, including web based and standard report based dissemination
14. Participates in interface projects with outside facilities and vendors; resolves interface errors as it relates to data abstraction.
15. Researches new data sources and analytical tools
16. Points out system or process problems when noticed; engages the customer and the appropriate teams in problem solving
17. Attends meetings and trainings as required.
18. Exemplifies and promotes the department's four key success factors: Positivity, Ownership, Efficiency and Transparency, when working with both internal and external customers
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Adheres to all applicable SYHealth policies, procedures, protocols and best practices.
2. Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills in collaboration with teams to achieve quality, excellence, harmony and problem-solving to obtain stated goals and objectives.
3. Demonstrates active listening skills, respect and a positive "Can Do" attitude.
4. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading literature to keep up-to-date related to Healthcare laws and Leadership, attending in-service trainings and workshops to improve upon knowledge and skillset.
5. Attends meetings, as required, and participates on committees, as directed.
6. Demonstrates professional behavior standard etiquette, courtesy, mutual respect, confidentiality and treats every patient and employee with dignity in every interaction.
7. Exhibits a high level of integrity, ethics, transparency, leadership style and trust.
8. Promotes and fosters respect for patient privacy by maintaining confidentiality on all patient EHR data and abides by both the HIPAA Privacy and Security rules.
9. Exhibits excellent presentation skills, confidently speaks up, follows the appropriate chain of command and demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
10. Maintains a clean, safe and organized work area at all times.
11. Demonstrates supportive skills in providing excellent customer service experiences.
12. Performs any other job-related duties as needed, assigned or requested
Education Required (Minimum level of education): BA/BS degree in public health, information management, computer science, statistics or related field required.
Certifications/Licenses Preferred: ITIL
Experience Required (Minimum level of experience): 5-10 years working as a Programmer/Analyst providing reporting solution to end-users.
Minimum 5 years working with Microsoft SQL Server
3-5 years healthcare experience (clinic, hospital or health system) including clinical workflow and clinical terminology.
Verbal and Written Skills Required to perform the Job:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Communicate effectively and partner with senior level staff to determine business goals and objectives, and ways to partner in order to achieve those objectives.
Working Traits: Superb organizational ability and exceptionally analytical.
Technical Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
1. Expert understanding of relational database architecture, database design, relational integrity constraints, OLAP, OLTP, cubes and normalization.
2. Experience building and generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Crystal Reports and Excel spreadsheets, scheduling and deploying reports on report manager.
3. Experience in T-SQL and query development
4. Experience in SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
5. Experience with quality and regulatory reporting in the healthcare industry.
6. Experience working with data from EMR applications, preferably NextGen ®.
7. Experience developing and troubleshooting interfaces, preferable HL7.
8. Experience working with a variety of information systems and data files, including large and complex files
9. Experience analyzing file structure, using and creating file layouts, and transforming raw data into finished products
10. Knowledge of data modeling, data warehousing and business intelligence.
11. Demonstrate experience in analysis and presentation of data required.
12. Familiarity with various types and sources of health care information, including financial and patient-level data files
San Ysidro Health is a Federally Qualified Health Care organization committed to providing high quality, compassionate, accessible and affordable healthcare services for the entire family.
The organization was founded by seven women in search of medical services for their families and community. Almost 50 years later, San Ysidro Health now provides innovative care to over 92,000 patients through a vast and integrated network of 34 program sites across the county. San Ysidro Health could not serve our patients without the dedication of our passionate and hardworking employees.
Apply today and become a part of our mission-driven team!
San Ysidro Health has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all applicants for employment. Employment decisions including, but not limited to, those such as employee selection, performance evaluation, administration of benefits, working conditions, employee programs, transfers, position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and separations are made without regard to reace, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status, ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
* Pay Type Salary
* 1601 Precision Park Ln, San Diego, CA 92173, USA