Work with Oracle's world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle's global infrastructure.
As a member of the IT organization, assist with the analyze of existing complex programs and formulate logic for new complex internal systems. Prepare flowcharting, perform coding, and test/debug programs. Develop conversion and system implementation plans. Recommend changes to development, maintenance, and system standards.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. BS or equivalent experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a Principal DevOps Engineer, you will be developing, sustaining and improving the DevOps processes and tools for Oracle managed cloud platforms.
* Combination of process automation, deployment, patching and trouble shooting
* Automating release and deployment process from development environment right up to production.
This would include Building Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery capabilities using standard DevOps toolset
* Developing, enforcing and maintaining processes for build promotion and demotion between development, test and production environments:
* Take ownership of maintaining and managing the environments. Maintain separation between Dev, UAT, stage and production environments.
* Bringing in the right "DevOps" mindset among the teams developing software , which would mean conducting training on tools and processes that makes software development and testing easier.
* Support Cloud Operations Team in monitoring and maintaining the production infrastructure
* Drive increased maturity on the cloud DevOps capabilities including advanced CI/CD and metrics
* Master or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with MCA or equivalent qualification.
* A minimum of 8-10 years' professional experience in DevOps or build/release
Technical Expertise: Essential
* Experience deploying code to private or public or hybrid cloud environments
* Hands on experience working with standard DevOps tool
Build automation tools like Hudson and/or Jenkins
Build Tools like Maven, ANT, Gradle or equivalent
Bug tracking tools like JIRA or equivalent
Source control tools like Git, GitHub, SVN or equivalent
Artifact storage tools like Artifacts, Nexus or equivalent
Network configuration and management
Knowledge of middleware components like Weblogic or Tomcat
* Very strong experience developing automation
Shell, Perl, Python (any one)
Chef, Puppet on Linux
Knowledge about Linux system and services
Monitoring technologies (Enterprise Manager, Thousand Eyes, Prometheus)
Technical Expertise: Strongly Desired
* Experience with modern application technologies and design patterns including cloud infrastructure, scaling and database technologies
* Experience with database like Oracle, MySQL or equivalent
* Proven success working with and optimizing applications for large scale enterprise performance
* Experience using containers like Docker based continuous delivery approach
* Experience working with globally distributed teams to ensure systems are effectively integrated, configured, managed and supported in production
* Ability to effectively communicate across cultures/geographies
* Strong problem solving abilities
* Ability to take ownership of task and deliver while mentoring and helping other team members
* Goal oriented, effectively balances different and competing objectives
* Ability to quickly learn new technology and products
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.